Open today: 09:00 - 21:00

Ways to Experience Galangal Cooking Studio
from US$31.71
More Info
1,058 results
All reviews cooking class cooking school cooking course back home great cooking delicious dishes green curry food was amazing amazing experience ingredients teacher market vegetables
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 March 2019 via mobile

It was the best cooking class i ever take, aoy is really cute and funny, and it was really tasty and funny.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed 12 March 2019 via mobile

My partner and I had a class with Opal who was brilliant throughout. We were the only ones there apart from a Chinese couple who had a different teacher.

Started the day with a tour of the market and to buy the ingredients for our dishes. We cooked loads and were absolutely stuffed by the end! If I went again I would definitely take more home.

Considering the amount of food we got and the undivided attention of the teacher it was excellent value. Can't recommend enough. We even got a cookbook emailed to us afterwards with all the recipes.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 3 March 2019

I chose the afternoon cooking class which included 4 dishes. Went Solo but quickly made friends with the whole group, which made the experience even better. The local market tour was really nice, no other tourists in sight overtaking the area with cameras. Great opportunity to purchase some spices for home, or beer for the class. I bought chili paste!

The cooking studio was clean and setup for us each time we finished one dish. The food was nice but extremely filling by the time we got to the 4th. It's best to save room from the start and maybe not eat everything right away.

Our teacher was hilarious. She would let out a little yelp if we dropped a spoon or missed a step so that got the whole group laughing.

Overall a nice experience.. For me personally I didn't learn as much as I wanted to because everything was prepped other than minor chopping and we did not receive a hard copy of the recipes just a link to a color PDF file.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed 19 February 2019 via mobile

Wow what a fantastic day picked up as said on time taken to school met by wonderfull cooks filled out menu card and away we went off to market even thou I looked funny with shopping basket girls were very interesting and knowagable then back to school for making cooking pounding mixing and we get to eat whatever we cooked and share each other’s meals very nice and I don’t like spicy food but was great would reconmend to anyone

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed 16 January 2019 via mobile

I’m so happy I made the decision to come to this cooking class ! I was sitting outside with a friend from my hostel when Aoy (founder of the cooking class) came to pick my friend and her brother up for their class. My friend asked if I wanted to join and even though I hadn’t done any research on the class beforehand, I said yes and I’m so glad I did!

Aoy picked us up and paid for our Grab ride home. Even though I was a last minute add, Aoy was very accomodating & I was still able to choose the 4 dishes I wanted to cook. There were so many delicious options I was hard to decide! Our first stop was the local market where Aoy walked us through all of the ingredients we’d be using in our dishes. She was even nice enough to treat us to a pre meal of northern Thailand sausage. After the market we stopped to grab some beers that we were able to drink during cooking/with our meals.

The next stop was the cooking studio where we spent about 4 hours. After we’d cook each dish, we were able to eat the meal so that it was still warm :) Aoy was so sweet,helpful and knowledgeable - I also loved the jokes that she made throughout the whole day.

Pro tip: Bring bug spray because you may want to eat some meals outside on the patio but there will be a good amount of mosquitos.

Thank you Aoy!!!