“One word- delicious!”

Anchan Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 2,056 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, International
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: On Nimmanhaeminda Road,look for sidestreet or soi nr 13. Opposite there is a 7 11 supermarket. Walk into the soi of 7 11 and look out for our sign. Located on the 2nd floor, We are open from Tuesday to Saturday, 11:30 AM to 8:30 PM. Closed Sunday and Monday.
“One word- delicious!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

This is a place that is well worth a visit- vegetarian or not. The food is delicious and service was so friendly. The best curry I have had in Thailand.

1 Thank Mark K

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Brisbane
“I'm Not a Vegetarian - and I Loved Anchan!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Decided to try Anchan Vegetarian Restaurant, prepared to be a little underwhelmed because I am not a vegetarian, and I love my meat. The lunch experience was wonderful - a pleasantly decorated (great mural!) open small restaurant, which served adventurous (at least for me) slow cooked food that was delicious, enticing to the eye and that left me glad I came. I had Coconut Palm Heart Red Curry, beautifully spiced, 130 baht, and a Lime and Ginger Shake 60 baht. Plenty of ginger and most refreshing. The service was excellent, with helpful explanations of items on the menu that interested me. The outdoor seating is just 2 tables on a small balcony - Anchan is up a short flight of stairs. The only reason I cannot give it 5 stars is its limited opening hours. I'll definitely be back!

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Shirry71
Shanghai, China
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Vegiterian Thai food!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Really delicious and very Thai !tempura mushrooms are the best I have had ! You will need to make a reservation! Will for sure come back next time!

Vancouver, Canada
“Some of the best food I've ever had!”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I love this restaurant, for its location, food, drinks, and friendly staff. The fresh menu changes regularly and everything I've tried has been delicious and packed full of delicious veggies! Not greasy/oily at all either. The juices are tasty as well.

The place is often full or reserved in advance, and it's not a very big restaurant so be careful of this...too many times have I been disappointed because I was craving their food but couldn't get a table! (not their fault for being so delicious)

The dishes are also huge portions.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Hess4
Chiang Mai
“Best Thai food in Thailand!”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We have lived in Chiang Mai for almost 2 years and we celebrated the arrival of a new vegetarian place when Anchan opened. We have been constant dinner guests, eating there at least once (and sometimes 3-4 times) a week ever since!

Aye, the owner and chef, makes the chili pastes from scratch, never using shrimp paste or fish sauce, which are commonly found in Thai kitchens. The massaman curry is by far the best dish we've ever tasted in Thailand, and we've introduced the restaurant to a number of our Thai friends and they know immediately that the food is deliciously authentic. That translates into spice levels that are often too much for our non-Thai tastebuds, but the staff are happy to tone down the spiciness.

There isn't much on the menu we haven't tried, and the staff understand what it means to be vegan, which is a wonderful relief. Once, during one of our first few visits, we ordered a soup traditionally made with egg noodles. Before making the dish, and remembering that we're vegan from past visits, Aye came to our table and asked whether we wanted the soup with rice noodles instead. Absolutely amazing!!!

The food is prepared with love in a small, open kitchen. The cozy dining room doesn't hold too many people and with the mouth-watering food, it's no surprise they're often fully booked for dinner. Be sure to call ahead to make a reservation if you're planning to visit with more than 2 people.

Do not miss the opportunity to eat at Anchan when you're in Chiang Mai. They serve the best food in Thailand!

• Visited March 2014