“Good vegetarian resto”

Ranked #48 of 2,173 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Cuisines: Thai, International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: On Nimmanhaeminda Road,look for sidestreet or soi nr 13. Opposite there is a 7 11 supermarket. Walk into the soi of 7 11 and look out for our sign. Located on the 2nd floor, We are open from Tuesday to Saturday, 11:30 AM to 8:30 PM. Closed Sunday and Monday.
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I went there last year with friends and from beginning to end was it a great experience in vegetarian kitchen. Very clean and tastefull dishes! Very friendly waiter! Very cosy to sit! You must go visit! Greetings from Belgium!

There are newer reviews for Anchan Vegetarian Restaurant

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I'm absolutely in love with this restaurant. The food is consistently fantastic at an amazing price.

The owner is very friendly and will bend over to accommodate you. A little hard to find, but well worth the effort. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Went there following the good rating on tripadvisor. This was a huge disappointment! The waiters tried their best to make up the missing pictures to the about 10 different meals. With a very estimate idea of what we ordered, the only difference was the colour of the sauce. Even the rice was bad. Also, the drinks their offer are NOT fresh (or tasty) and cost 50bath for a little glass.
About the location. It's made decently nice, with a beautiful view to a construction site right next to it.
In generall, I would not recommend going here to any of my friends..

3  Thank 560erik
Naphatntl, Owner at Anchan Vegetarian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Khun Eric,

I am sorry you had a bad experience at our restaurant, your review was as big a surprise to us as your visit was to you.
But may I say some things...
We have a weekly changing menu with farm fresh vegetables, so a picture menu is not an option, I also find it personally distastefull to have faded pictures of food...
Our juices are fresh sir, every day off the market, bottled in the morning, so that statement is incorrect. If you find 50 baht expensive, I suggest you try other places and compare.
And our rice is not delicious, this is organic jasmin rice in 2 colors, mixed and prepared, again, freshly every day. Sorry you didn't like it, you are the first to complain.
And the construction site, well, I am hardly to blame for that am I, since I don't own it.

Whilst you have your right to an opinion, I find your review a bit shady, especially seeing the empty plate on the picture you posted to show off the construction site, it can't have been that bad after all then...
Also seeing you have 1 review on TripAdvisor, no other restaurants, hotels, attractions, anything, makes me suspicious about the truthfulness of your review, and your possible motivations, especially since it is in such shrill contrast to our standing reputation.

And no complaint was made to the staff or to me, I was right there in the open kitchen, you should have said something...

Regards,
Naphat - Chef and Owner at Anchan Vegetarian

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Visited this lovely restaurant, situated on the first floor, several times during my stays in chiangmai. Remarquable veggiefood, made with the most frech ingrediënts you can find. Menu's are changing very often, depends What chef can find on the market, and by the local farms.
Very lovely place, and very good service.
Looking forward to return very quick

2  Thank Kokske
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I took me a big detour to find the place and I almost given up to look for it. but after asking for direction, I arrived just in time before the evening crowd start. I ordered green curry and when it came, I thought it couldn't finish it but it was delicious that I finished the whole big bowl by myself. I also loved the anchan drink which is a nice purplish flower. If I am staying longer in Chiang Mai, I would definitely come back for another time. Better make reservation if you don't want to turn away.