“1st place I visit in Chiang Mai”

Anchan Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 2,042 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, International
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: On Nimmanhaeminda Road,look for sidestreet or soi nr 13. Opposite there is a 7 11 supermarket. Walk into the soi of 7 11 and look out for our sign. Located on the 2nd floor, We are open from Tuesday to Saturday, 11:30 AM to 8:30 PM. Closed Sunday and Monday.
“1st place I visit in Chiang Mai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I've been away from Chiang Mai for 1 year and have missed eating here so much (I came here almost daily for 3 months).

I arrived this afternoon and might only stay 1-2 nights, so this place is on top of my list. They now have a weekly menu, although everything I
Tried on their old menu was great too. I order tempeh with cashew nuts and it looks delicious. It tastes even better. So good to be back :-)

1 Thank Thomas H

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Austin, Texas
“Best cooking class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

My friend and I had such a good time learning to cook delicious traditional Thai food with the owners of Anchan. They offer a personal setting by only allowing a small number of people in each class. We each got to cook our own dishes and brought home many left overs. If you want to be more than a number in a crowd then I highly recommend this cooking class. You will pay more than some other classes but it is well worth it in my opinion!!

Visited June 2014
“Amazing cooking class!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I took our lovely chefs' cooking class and it was mind blowing. First of all the atmosphere was warm and friendly, actually kind of like family. Their max is 3 students so you get to cook your own food and get a lot of helpful feedback. Great experience and food.

Melbourne
“I'm not a Vegetarian!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

But everything was very tasty and enjoyable! Naturally, all very good value too! Our tuk-tuk had trouble finding it but it is not too hard to find really! The staff were very nice and after the meal the owner / cook was interested to talk to us to ensure that we had a good experience.

• Visited May 2014
Hong Kong, China
“Will someone @ Trip Advisor please check the damn map!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

After wasting the better part of an afternoon looking for this place due to the inaccurate maps on TA and Google, I finally asked a local expat who gave me the secret formula: it's on the same soi as the corner 7-11. The place is nothing elegant, and for some reason all of the inside tables seem to be perpetually reserved, so I sat on the balcony with the mosquitos and the other fa-rang. I ordered a banana flower salad just because... well, who wouldn't? That was a winner. The smoothie was a shot in the dark and turned out to be very bitter, but it was my own fault for not asking more questions. Service was attentive and proper, and well deserving of a tip. Clientele seemed a cut above that in the vegan joints in the Old City, but still a sprinkling of tattooed rastamen to remind you there's no meat on the menu. Limited selection compared to Khun Churn, but fresh and tasty, and not so expensive.

• Visited May 2014