“Great tasty food”

Ranked #43 of 2,072 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Cuisines: Thai, International
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: On Nimmanhaeminda Road,look for sidestreet or soi nr 13. Opposite there is a 7 11 supermarket. Walk into the soi of 7 11 and look out for our sign. Located on the 2nd floor, We are open from Tuesday to Saturday, 11:30 AM to 8:30 PM. Closed Sunday and Monday.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Great tasty food”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Have been here several times and need to leave my thoughts - visited last week 30/06/14. Restaurant is usually busy and closed Sunday and Monday. It is not air conditioned and there are only a few fans, if you are bothered by the heat at this time of year maybe don't go. We sat on the balcony over looking the dark soi at the side of Hillside 2 to Condo block. We walked here from where we are staying - parking is a little tricky around here. From Nimmerheiman road look for Hillside 2 and the Burmese Restaurant and the restaurant is the last on the left as you go down the little soi. Menus is smaller than I remember - I think maybe the time of year - you fill it in with tick boxes for the dishes you would like. All fresh and delicious - staff speak English and the happy chef/owner has fluent English. The tastes are fantastic don't be put off by the word vegetarian!

Ambience is basic - it's just a cafe - quite plain - it upstairs take note if you have trouble with stairs. Open kitchen in the back of the cafe - this adds to the heat! They are licensed and serve beer.

They close at 9pm!

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok
“Best veggie in Chiang Mai”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I'm here now. Been a vegetarian since birth. Lived in Chiang Mai for 10 years and also lived in Bangkok and Samui. For Thai style veggie food, there is simply no better than Anchan. (Sorry Blue Diamond and Khun Chern).

The menu changes weekly and there has sometimes been Middle Eastern dishes, but usually it's just great and simple Thai food.

The setting is very simple and now looks out at a construction site, but it's still pleasant and I keep coming back for more.

“1st place I visit in Chiang Mai”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I've been away from Chiang Mai for 1 year and have missed eating here so much (I came here almost daily for 3 months).

I arrived this afternoon and might only stay 1-2 nights, so this place is on top of my list. They now have a weekly menu, although everything I
Tried on their old menu was great too. I order tempeh with cashew nuts and it looks delicious. It tastes even better. So good to be back :-)

1 Thank Thomas H
Austin, Texas
“Best cooking class”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My friend and I had such a good time learning to cook delicious traditional Thai food with the owners of Anchan. They offer a personal setting by only allowing a small number of people in each class. We each got to cook our own dishes and brought home many left overs. If you want to be more than a number in a crowd then I highly recommend this cooking class. You will pay more than some other classes but it is well worth it in my opinion!!

Visited June 2014
“Amazing cooking class!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I took our lovely chefs' cooking class and it was mind blowing. First of all the atmosphere was warm and friendly, actually kind of like family. Their max is 3 students so you get to cook your own food and get a lot of helpful feedback. Great experience and food.