“A Taste of Luxury, Off The Beaten Path”

Sibsan Luxury Hotel Rimping Chiangmai
Ranked #85 of 383 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Chengdu, China
“A Taste of Luxury, Off The Beaten Path”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This is a beautiful property, well-maintained, with an excellent and caring staff. I travelled alone, during Christmas week, and it was very quiet, mostly couples, very few children around and no large groups. Sometimes, it felt as though I were the only guest. I love this type of solitude, so it worked well for me. The rooms are beautifully appointed and I found that I wanted to spend time at the property. The spa services were wonderful. However, this is not a "spa" destination, if that is what you are seeking. It is a luxurious hotel with very good spa services and amenities.

As correctly reported by other reviewers, the hotel location is 15 to 20 minutes away from Tapae Gate in the center of the city. This can be sort of a pain to deal with. I worked around it by planning my general schedule well. It costs 400 Baht to get into the city by taxi (no tuk tuks or other transportation at the hotel), and a tuk tuk back to the hotel will cost 300 to 400 Baht (some drivers may not want to take you so far and will charge a premium, comparable to a taxi fare). Some drivers don't know where the resort is, so carry the name, address and phone number of the hotel with you (this includes when you arrive at the airport). The hotel has a brochure with a map on it. Carry it with you. The location worked well for me because I was able to balance play with rest in a very beautiful place.

Room Tip: I had a very large single room with a king-size bed and loved it. This was the least expensive optio...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
NewlySunit, Front Office Manager at Sibsan Luxury Hotel Rimping Chiangmai, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Dear guest,

We appreciate your kind comments on our hotel and services and hope we may welcome you again in the near future.

Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Beijing, China
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This hotel has many positives. It's an amazing boutique complex done in traditional Thai style, has big beautiful rooms dripping in teak, and the Thai Lanna massage with hot compresses was a truly special experience. But there is noise everywhere. It's been curiously placed right next to a highway, and right now I'm only up writing this review before 9am Sat because there is a caterpillar construction rig digging dirt in the lot right next door, just a few meters from my lovely room's very unlovely balcony view. Most nights here there was karaoke blasting from a place across the road until midnight, and across the river bank the hotel is on, there is a new development that often greets your afternoon chill time on the lawn with jack hammering. I struggle to give this place even an average rating, but the architectural design is just so great I have to. However, for 250/night during peak season this is not the peaceful, outside of the city stuff I expected. I would not stay here again. Please see reference picture for said morning wake up call happening right now.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Chinashine
Dear guest,

Firstly, I would like to say thank you very much for your review and we are really do apologies for all of unsatisfactory during your stay. We do hope with a chance to welcome you back once again.

Regards,
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We wish we were still there, everything perfect ... room, pool, cafe, restaurant, breakfast, dinner ... and especially staff !
We enjoyed the Loi Krathong special dinner by the river, with music and dance, varied and really tasty food, impecable service and plenty of wine :-)
Mladen & Johanna

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mladen_P930
NewlySunit, Front Office Manager at Sibsan Luxury Hotel Rimping Chiangmai, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear guest,

We are pleased to hear that you love our hotel's surroundings and enjoyed your stay.
We do hope to welcome you again in the near future.

With kinds regards,
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Can't say enough lovely things about this hotel... Though my review should include a caveat that i was looking for more of a resort experience vs, a city hotel. Had been in Phuket during several days of thunderstorms and decided to fly north in search of sunshine. stumbled onto the Rawee in just minutes of Internet research so booked in for only one night. However... Ended up staying 5 nights because I loved it!

Staff: extremely pleasant, helpful, and VERY speedy. Unlike Phuket where nothing seems to warrant any pace to requests at all!

Pool / Amenities: gorgeous pool with ample sunshine and shade in the back of the hotel; perfect serenity

Location: here the hotel does get a few marks taken away. The hotel is about 20 mins from the airport, and maybe 10-15 mins away from the city center. It's really easy to get a taxi, but you won't be walking anywhere from here. However tours will easily arrange to pick you up... At a nominal fee.

Restaurant and coffee shop also lovely. Great food, moderate prices.

There is also a lovely spa which I didn't visit, only drawback is that you seem to have to book 24 hours in advance.... Not atypical, just plenty of spas / massage spots in middle of town.

Overall couldn't have been treated better! Loved the Rawee!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank FoodieWithBoardinpas
Dear FoodieWithBoardinpas

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will share with our team your comments about their positive attitude towards the costumers which is one of our principles in Rawee Waree Luxury Hotel.

Look forward to welcome you again.

With kind regards,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Ok.. It is a very nice hotel and the rooms are great. But as previously mentioned it is very far from central Chiang Mai... Which is not such a bad thing, but when we asked to get a taxi to the markets, the staff would only order their "contracted taxi" which was 400 baht!!! (A taxi all the way from the airport is only 250) so unfortunately we had to go onto the main road a hail a local Tuk-Tuk... Which was a lot cheaper.

I would normally expect a hotel like this to hail a taxi for us, but they basically told us it was their way or the highway...
So if you intend to be in central Chiang Mai on your visit.. I would recommend staying elsewhere...

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank M W
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I and my manager were on a business trip and had to leave the hotel before Breakfast time. We were not familiar with the city So, we did mention while we were checking in at the reception. The receptionist offered to prepare some for us and very friendly. Surprisingly, when we came to check out in the next morning. They had prepared us 2 bags of Breakfast and a map to go to our destination. The food was good and well packed and it could be kept warm for another 2 hrs. Personally, I really impressed the services here, the room was clean and worth value of your money. It was a short stay but I will go there for my next trip for sure.

Best regards,

Sathiya, BKK.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Tam A
Buxton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This hotel is a long from chiang mai city its right next door to a brilliant local attraction of the elephant centre which is great fun
the first room i was shown smelt damp but on the positive side the management quickly changed the room
breakfast was of a fair standard although the hot food was often cold
the evening meal restaurant was fine but again without transport the options locally apart the restaurant are very limited
A lot of the staff are very junior and not particularly professional but very polite.
the spa is good but expensive the swimming pool is a great asset to the resort. Overall average for the money

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

We do hope to welcome you again in the near future.

With kinds regards,