“I was threatened with my life and the staff did nothing...”
Review of Burger King

Burger King
Ranked #621 of 2,173 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I was in the Burger King on the moat last night ordering my food when 2 very drunk Swedish locals tried to fight with me and threatened to kill me and the staff did nothing. I came into the store and was ordering my food when i was told that the milk shake machine was not working as i had ordered a set menu combo, the staff were joking around and playing games on the cell phone as i was trying to order my food, he told me i could have a coke instead, i said i did not want a coke and what were my options as maybe i would cancel my order and just get the burger, he said i could have a water and I said how much for just the burger, just then this very drunk swedish local came over and told me to shut up and just take what this guy is offering me. i could see he was very drunk and said please sir just leave me alone and mind your own business, well that was the wrong thing to say as he went crazy, screaming and threading to kill me, i told the staff to please call the police and they told me no and not to worry as they knew him and he was just drunk, i told them i was very scared and i would feel better if they could call the police but they still refused, i was in total shock i as know it is Burger King but I was really scared by these two people and so shocked that would just ignore me , I took the food, with a water and sat in the corner far away, i took one bite of my burger and had some fires when one of the drunk swedish ( as they told me they were swedish) persons came to my table screaming at me and threading to kill me, i was so scared at this point i just got up and left, saying to the guy, please sir i am sorry for whatever, i just want to go, I again told the staff to call the police but they just came around the counter and told the guy to relax and calm down, i walked out the door and saw a taxi and gave him my phone and to him to please call the police, which he did thank God, during this time the swedish guy saw we were calling the police and this made him go more crazy screaming to not call the cops and that he was going to kill me, i was so very scared because he looked crazy and was very angry and the staff was still just in the restaurant not even coming out the restaurant help me in anyway, just acting like it was not there business, the taxi driver said the cops were coming and now the guy started to chase me as i ran down the street in to a 7-11, he started to walk back to Burger King and I came out of the 7-11 just as the police rolled up, i walked back to the Burger King with the police and we could see the guy run away, me and the police went into the restaurant and talked with his friend who was still sitting there, they checked ID's asked what happened and took some notes, the staff told the police in Thai, I do speak some Thai but they did not know this, that it was no big deal and I was just overreacting. I was again so shocked that they would just play down this whole event but judging from other reviews on this site about this Burger King I am not surprised by this event as they must have some serious management issues locally and at the country level, I hope they finally do something about it before someone gets hurt. Of course now i can never go there again knowing what happened and wondering if i will run into them again as they said the would get me someday. It is such a shame as i do like Burger King and this place was so close to my home as I would eat there twice a week or so, I wonder if corporate will even respond to my report... I left hungry and had paid in full my order as when i ran down the street the threw away my food...WOW so very scary night...

4  Thank Rjchiangmai
There are newer reviews for Burger King

Reviewed 29 August 2013

It's almost a sin to go here, as anything else in Chiang Mai will taste better and even be cheaper. But who can resist a burger between those yummy thai dishes. The burgers here taste almost as good as home, but their value dwindles among those other yummy thai dishes. Good about this joint is that it's open 24 hours, they have a nice upstairs seating with a shabby tiolet and No wifi.

1  Thank Mats_of_Sweden
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Being a westerner, I am familiar with Burger King, when my husband and i decided to try some good ole home foods, we were very dissappointed with the result, I had the Mushroom Burger etc, my husband had the Angus Beef etc, his pattie was way too salty and my pattie was tastless, the only thing going for it was the location, main street and instore dinning, air-conditioning, otherwise less than pretty ordinary.

1  Thank Second_Honeymoon57
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Actually its a nice burger king with really good service. Nice reprieve from Thai food when you want something familiar...Much better the McCD's.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

The buns are stale here, and the fries are not cooked properly and then served cold. Overall a huge disappointment as its the first time in a few months that I have eaten at a BK, this one is certainly not up to standard.

1  Thank andy50210