“Nice restaurant & authentic food”
Review of Baan Jangrapor

Baan Jangrapor
Ranked #1,043 of 2,195 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2013

This restaurant has a nice setting but the loud music as you approach may put people off. Its not so bad once your seated!
The service is friendly and informal and the food is excellent. Authentic tastes and really good northern thai food available.
Recommended....

Reviewed 2 April 2013

People are being a bit harsh I think.

The Som Tam was decent. The Lanna style snacks and chili were pretty good. The building is nice.

My wife did get really sick after we ate here, but it could have been the mango sticky rice we picked up from the market on the way home.

Actually, I think it was this place that got her sick, since I ate the market food and have a way weaker stomach than her. Changing my score to a two.

Ok food, nice space, but keep a pack of cipro on standby just in case.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

The 150 year old building is gorgeous. When this place was called Antique House, the food was splendid. Now, under new management and with the outside restaurant removed (improvement!), the food is just bland and mediocre?

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stopped in on the spur of the moment while on our way to a different restaurant and certainly were glad we did. We thoroughly enjoyed it. being a weekday evening it wasn't busy so didn't have to wait for table. The service was great (a little slow but hey we were not in a rush anyway)
The food was excellent and for the type of restaurant we felt price was reasonable.
Ambience was great no loud music. Will definitely go there again next time we are in Chiangmai. It made for a very pleasant meal out with our daughter who was over for a conference

Reviewed 21 January 2013

I've been eating in this restaurant once or twice a year for the last 3 years. Last night I went again and was very disappointed. The Lanna teak house gardens remain as beautiful as ever, but the food was decidedly poor. A Thai red curry and Tum Yum Gung were unrecognisable. I did however enjoy a zesty salad of crispy pork & cashew nuts. To top off the list of problems, the music has changed from live classical Thai played on traditional instruments to piped muzac. The Beatles collection on saxophone. That's what I expect to hear in a shopping mall, not in what used to be a lovely restaurant. I would have given this feedback to a manager or owner if I had been asked, but there was nobody around.