“Nice ambiance.”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Nice ambiance.”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

An old teak home that has become a restaurant. However, the food is lacking and the service is missing. Two couples had to arrange our own seating. Servers were never available when we needed anything. Matsa​man had NO vegetables and the gaang​petbpetyaang was tasteless. We were embarrassed that we invited our friends to dinner there.

• Visited July 2013

• Thai first
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Great food, friendly service, beautiful surroundings”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We ate here twice while in Chiang-Mai and both times were excellent. Food was great, service was exemplary, the old wooden house surrounding is beautiful and tranquil. The price was very good value and not significantly more expensive than other places in Chiang-Mai.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank RobW_Waterloo
Boulder, Colorado
“This beautiful house makes the good food taste even better.”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Well, since I've never eaten at the restaurant that " used to be " I can only comment on what is now, and both my dining partner and I LOVED not only the cool elegant atmosphere, but also the excellently prepared food. I had my doubts about the salad called Pomello Yum, but it was very yum, as were all the dishes. I enjoyed the young servers, not "professional" but funny, friendly and totally adequate for the job. We received everything we ordered and enjoyed ourselves immensely Compared to street food this restaurant is expensive, compared to the ordinary Thai restaurant at home, it is laughably cheap. And as a health care professional I can tell you stomach upset is not usually food poisoning, but comes from not washing your hands enough, especially in foreign climes. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone to wants good food, and a lovely experience.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Miriahm D
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Execellant 150-year old restaurant”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I was in Chiang Mai for 10-weeks (Jan-March 2013) and visited Baan Jangarpor on 4 occasions. It did not take more than 5 minutes on the first visit to know this was a please we were going to return to. On the 2nd visit, we booked a large room for a birthday party for 10 people - everyone had a good time and all evjoyed the food very much. The food was very good and the price was reasonable. I would highly recommend Baan Jangarpor to visitors to Chiang Mai.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank fra32931
Manila, Philippines
“Nice restaurant, average food”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

The restaurant is actually a very old teak house that is very well maintained. Before entering the restaurant, you are asked to take your shoes off. Service was good. The staff were all friendly and helpful. We ordered a few dishes which came in relatively big servings. We enjoyed the food, but it was nothing really extraordinary. The best thing about this restaurant was the ambiance.

• Visited April 2013