“Excellent food and excellent service”

Menta Coffee and Restaurant
Ranked #1,009 of 2,042 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Thai, Middle Eastern, Israeli
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Chambery, France
“Excellent food and excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

A friend recommended me this restaurant, and I cannot thank her enough. The manager Gil is an Israeli guy married to a Thai woman, Nai. They both do all they can to make you feel comfortable and satisfied. I want to stress that the variety of food proposed is not like many Asian restaurants in Europe who claim to serve Indian, and Vietnamese, and Chinese, and Thai, etc. Here, the man is Middle-Easterner, the wife is Thai, and their helper is Chinese, si you can be assured that the food served is authentic. I was particularly impressed with the garlic chicken (which was my first meal) and by the pad-Thai chicken, both prepared by Nai. I must say that I love real Thai food. The result? I come back every day. My only regret is that Gil and Nai started this restaurant recently (less than a year ago I believe), and I wish they had more customers more quickly! Thank you very much, both of you!

1 Thank Ruddy L

Longyearbyen, Norway
“Great cozy place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

The owner of this establishment is a very open and friendly guy. We became friends right away. The food was filling and excellent as well. There was also a couch inside where you could lie down or read a book etc. The best seats however are the two outside facing the city. I got to see a special holy parade yesterday when I had my lunch there :-)

• Visited December 2012
Chiang Mai, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gladly I found this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

I'm staying in Chiang Mai for several months and near my condo I found this place. Very nice owner, and very good food. I go several times a week. I eat a lot of Thai but when I go to Menta I always have a good diner and a nice fresh salade. Or good coffee.

Didn't try everything yet but the quality what I had and off course the nice treatment from the owner, last night he gave me orange slices after my diner ;-) are fantastic. A comfortable and relaxing place with great food. If your around you should certainly try it.

You can eat cheap but also a little bit more expansive. It's up to you.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

Menta is like a home away from home.

Good food, Thai, Israeli and Western. Just let the owners Gil and Nai know what you like and they will make sure you are satisfied. Absolutely love their Pita Bread, Babaganoush, Chicken Kebabs, Salads and Dips.

Their special Lemonade with mint should definitely be tried. Coffee and other drinks highly recommended as well.

Only a short walk from Night Bazaar for a truly welcoming experience for Chiang Mai.

Visited January 2013
South Florida, Florida
“Nice owner, but...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

The owner is very nice and I certainly wish him well.

However, I must be honest: The chicken kebab here had good flavor, but the portion size was very small. The hummus had perfect creamy texture, but tasted like it was made from garbanzo beans alone. I couldn't notice any flavor of tahini (sesame), garlic, lemon, or even salt. (Is this an Israeli style of hummus? I don't know, but it didn't taste like any hummus I've ever had.) The pita tasted good, but it wasn't anything like a pita either.

My Thai friend ordered a Thai soup and found the flavors to be completely off.

Finally, and worst of all, the fish/chili sauce served with the Thai dish had two small white worms swimming around in it. They appeared to be fly larvae. I was surprised they could live in there. The fact that there were two tells me that they aren't covering this sauce, and keeping it too long. Bad experience.

2 Thank TomA2