“My Chiang Mai Home!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Geneva, Switzerland
“My Chiang Mai Home!”
Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

I wrote the first notice on this restaurant upon my arrival in CM 3 months ago and as I am about to leave the city, I want to thank Gili for having been my host, confident, friend... and "Jewish Mother" during my whole stay! I came there almost everyday and never once opened the menu as Gil has this amazing intuition, shared by Nay, his Thai wife, of what you need today! I love the Mediterranean salads, the falafel, the Tai seafood salad, fruit salad ( one of the only places serving I ice-cold watermelon!)...and met there friendly cost omers Thai, Chinese, French Corsicans, Canadians, Americans, Israeli Palestinians...all delighted and smiling. If only the world could be at the image of this friendly and tasty heaven!

1 Thank DRM55

“Terrific little place”
Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

We stumbled into this place and were very pleased that we did! The owner was incredibly nice and honest...he went so far as to say that there were certain items that we should NOT order because the local market was out of the ingredients and they may not be as fresh. He suggested the falafel and it was to die for. So good that we came back the next day for lunch. Also, be sure to try the smoothies...simple & delicious!

Chiang Mai, Thailand
“different people.... different opinions...”
Reviewed 31 January 2013

normally i dont write reviews but when i read a negative review about this restaurant i decided to write a few words.
this place is GREAT. it is a great place because of the owner. this man really cares about his cunstomers. he told me that cooking has been his hobby for a long time but he never restaurant hasnt been his business.now he opened a restaurant and he use his skills to cook great food. it is homestyle cooking and he puts all his heart in the food..... . they can cook for you israeli, thai, chinese and italian food.

Frederiksberg, Denmark
“Todays special made the day before yesterday”
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We have been here before, average food, we stopped because it is close to where we live, the special of the day was chicken with fried potatoes. It looked good on the board, but when it came it was not properly heated and both chicken and potatoes tasted like they were not from today.
We complained and did not get to pay for the food. Nice gesture, but do not serve such food.

3 Thank jensk250
Chambery, France
“Excellent food and excellent service”
Reviewed 22 January 2013

A friend recommended me this restaurant, and I cannot thank her enough. The manager Gil is an Israeli guy married to a Thai woman, Nai. They both do all they can to make you feel comfortable and satisfied. I want to stress that the variety of food proposed is not like many Asian restaurants in Europe who claim to serve Indian, and Vietnamese, and Chinese, and Thai, etc. Here, the man is Middle-Easterner, the wife is Thai, and their helper is Chinese, si you can be assured that the food served is authentic. I was particularly impressed with the garlic chicken (which was my first meal) and by the pad-Thai chicken, both prepared by Nai. I must say that I love real Thai food. The result? I come back every day. My only regret is that Gil and Nai started this restaurant recently (less than a year ago I believe), and I wish they had more customers more quickly! Thank you very much, both of you!

1 Thank Ruddy L