“Best Khao Soi in Chiang Mai”
Review of Khao Soi Khun Yai

Khao Soi Khun Yai
Ranked #31 of 2,549 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

This was simply delicious Khoa Soi! We got the chicken Khoa Soi and longan drinks. Small place with limited outdoor seating and menu but big flavours and the most friendly service. We got here around 11:30am and were able to get a seat right away. However it got really busy in the next half hour or so-make sure you get here early or be ready for a short wait. Lots of locals come here for lunch it seems. Come here and you won't regret it!

Reviewed 9 December 2017

After seeing this on Delicious Destinations, my wife and I had to visit. We were dropped off at the end of a tour and had to look at another TA poster's pic to ensure we were in the right spot. Don't let the appearance fool you; this is one of the best meals we had in Thailand. We ordered our food and had a good conversation with another guest while waiting. Once the food came, it was the beset 35 THB we had spent in Thailand. Words cannot describe it, but it was excellent. I would go back again and again and again. I highly recommend this place. They are only open 10a-2p and there can be a wait at times.

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

This is the third time I am back in Chiang Mai and I went twice already. This remains my fav Khao Soi there is. The broth is just really layered and rich. Might go again before I leave :)

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

We walked a long way from our hotel to check out the khao soi, and its really good. We ordered 2 bowls with pork. The noodles are tender but firm, and pork is soft and easy to bite. The gravy tastes very good, well balanced between spicy and slight limey sour. Had no idea khao soi could be so good!

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

My friend told me to come here and I read about the long wait times so I made sure I skipped breakfast and came when it opened. Boy was it worth it!
I'm a vegetarian so I just got everything without meat and it was still amazing. So amazing that I got two bowls of noodles, since I'm here I might as well try everything on the menu.
They're only open for a few hours a day so going at 10 was definitely the right choice.
I also got some snacks they had for my plane ride and as I bite into my first peanut, I immediately regretted not getting more.