“Some of the best Italian food around”

Secret Learning Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 2,173 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Price range: US$2 - US$11
Cuisines: Italian, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: SLOW FOOD - I am a Italian cooker which love to cook and i decide to cook for few people so i can be concentrate on every single dish . Here you can find basically Spaghetti , 7 recipes which one is call Secret Tasty which is a special spaghetti al pesto. I enjoy to prepare very rich ( taste ) lasagna, one is the classic meat and a vegetarian with spinach and ricotta. i have also one dessert prepare by me, the famous Tiramisu'. Small menu' which i like to serve every single dishes. SImone, kitchen close around 9 o'clock
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We came seeking Thai food but Simone's wife Pui was out so we got Italian food instead. We got bruschetta, pesto pasta, and lasagna, and it was hands down some of the best Italian food my friend and I have ever had. They ran out of tomatoes for the bruschetta so Simone's assistant ran to the market to buy more - it doesn't get fresher than that! Simone takes such care in preparing his food. The restaurant is tiny and quirky and has a great atmosphere. I highly recommend it.

2  Thank David D
There are newer reviews for Secret Learning Restaurant

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Although the service was slow because it's only 2 people working, it was amazing food! The couple that run the place are super nice and sweet and make everything from scratch! Although the wait for the food was really long, it was well worth it!

2  Thank Amelia H
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I came a couple of times in this place, once for breakfast, and a second time to dine with a friend of mine. The breakfast (a special menu set ) was beautiful, good and rich, so I and my friend Anne pushed by a strong appetite we decided to come back to this place.
The restaurant is very small to be a restaurant, provided with a simple decor, and a few tables available, but we were well received, and we made our order. The simple style menu it offers local and Italian courses. We began to order a pizza as an appetizer (small and expensive), then Italian macaroni with tomato sauce. Our order it took very long time to get to the table and when it was arrived the pizza seemed to be one of those already frozen and tasteless, also the pasta was overcooked that melted between our teeth. I have never eaten so badly, and I can not understand these reviews, which try to show an excellent restaurant !
Finally me and my friend were very disappointed, and we sent our plates back to the kitchen without that the owner has paid no any attention to us. So we were very angry, we paid an expensive bill for the bad food eaten, and we get out !In short,.....hungry we went to look for another restaurant in the area, and we ate very well in a pub on the main street. I don't understand what other people like in this restaurant, however this place certainly doesn't deserve the name for this category, and we certainly wouldn't go back again

2  Thank Adrea M
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I'd say this is as much an experience as a restaurant. Reviewers have well described it already. It's a simple, bohemian little place, pride and joy of the owners. Rightly so as they make sure it's warm and welcoming in the most genuine and straightforward way.

I had a Spaghetti Carbonara and was delighted it was genuine without cream, a latter day addition that alters the nature of the dish completely. Much as I love fresh cream there's a time and place for everything. The Spek and Parmiggiano were also fresh and carefully sourced as I learned on enquiring.

I was not surprised when a client who arrived after me took his guitar from its case and proceeded to sing and strum while waitiing for hs order. It seeemed appropriate.

I enjoyed my visit.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

outstanding cuisine and great taste for music! wonderful and super charming... highly recommendable... TIP!