“Good music”

Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 10 July 2016

I really enjoyed north gate jazz. Live bands play everynight and it worth going early to see the first ones. The bar itself is tiny and has a good atmosphere. I've been in Chiang mai for a week and have been every night seen I found it!

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (343)

Reviewed 7 July 2016

We stopped by on our first evening in Chiang Mai, following a guidebook recommendation, and it was awesome. Ended up going there every evening, and enjoying different bands, new people and familiar faces as well, decent cocktails and Lao beer. This place is so much better than any other bars/clubs which reminded me of BKK's Kaoshan Rd.

(They don't serve food, but for some reason Trip Advisor keeps asking how I liked their food. Let's say that their drinks are OK)

Date of visit: May 2016
2  Thank mikki973
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

The North Gate is a super Nice place To Listen some Good jazz music In Chiang Mai and have some drinks. The place is small but cozy, you will find nice and chill people around just don't wait to have some food because they can only serve drinks. Anyway the bar is nice, the wind blows and keeps it cool, the music can be listened from the up floor or even from the street. Definitely a good place to be.

2  Thank bru_scarv
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

It's a really small place! But it didn't matter for us! Had a fantastic time, local band was incredible, young handsome boys and amazing performance! Take a bottle of beer and dance! Amazing atmosphere! We absolutely loved it!

Reviewed 30 June 2016

I absolutely love this place. The acts are varied so vary in quality but I still love it. Go there early enough to get a seat. I found this place on a random walk and have never regretted going in. Go before some retard buys it and stuffs it up by trying to modernize it.

Date of visit: July 2015