“The Go-to Western Breakfast spot for this Chiang Mai local”

Bagel House Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #42 of 2,549 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Price range: US$1 - US$5
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: We're a very cozy "industrial loft" styled cafe in the tourist-friendly part of the old city - specializing in homemade large bagels and quality espresso based coffee.
Reviewed 4 October 2017

The one place to get proper boiled-and-baked bagels in Chiang Mai, made daily, topped with fresh ingredients including great avocado in season; tasty salads and drinks; all lovingly prepared by the attentive, super friendly owners/staff. I live in the Chiang Mai area come in town at least once a week for my fix. In fairness, to Marliezer's comment about a TV, I also am not a fan of TV's in restaurants but I'm sitting here now glancing up at silent (as always) videos of Chiang Mai life in the 1970's; no sports, ridiculous daily shows, news or the like - just lovely eye-candy accompanied by nice tunes on the music system; just to provide some context...

1  Thank Onerat

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Great to have a different breakfast! Bagels pretty heavy but with a wide selection of options. Atmosphere nothing special but that might be because I personally never like tv's in public spaces.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

After having Thai food for few days we decided to have a break, what a find great sandwiches and shakes. The bagels were amazing and they have many different fillings. The smoothies were full of fruit with very little ice, a must visit if you are in the need for a non Thai fix .

1  Thank Sue L
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Visited here after craving a good old sandwich (well in this case bagel) for lunch. I had the avocado, egg and cheese bagel and it was delicious. The bagels are just amazing, better than we get in England- so fresh! Quaint and quiet place with good air con and brilliant coffee! The two women working there (I think they own it) are so helpful and friendly also! Happened to walk past it yesterday morning and couldn't resist- had to nip in and grab a Nutella toasted bagel.. can't stop craving more! Will be back again for sure.

2  Thank amberdenham
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Fantastic little place and well worth the visit, especially if you want a break from the Thai food. I had a latte and a bacon/avocado bagel there this morning. Although I found my coffee to be a little over-frothy for my tastes, it still tasted good. The bagel was really excellent, and as good as any I've had overseas.
The food is really well-priced and the two girls working there were super-friendly. Can def recommend!

1  Thank Jared O