“great hotel”

Ranked #50 of 717 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Hawaii
“great hotel”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The location, decoration, staff, service, surroundings, all excellent! Beds really good, size of rooms as well, The breakfast restaurant very special on ground floor open design with no walls, feels like you are eating in the garden. Nice size pool with towels and bar service provided.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
england
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayedbat hotel 5 days staff very helpful able to book trips and our on going journey and get a good price for us,cheaper than me booking it. Hotel was clean pool clean and poolside towels provided. Close to restaurants and bar and night market.

Room Tip: Rooms all seemed to be similar was first in suite then downsized to standard same quality but the su...
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We were in chiang mai for four days so we are not experts on the best place to stay but location wise this seemed great. We arrived on a Sunday and were right by the Sunday walking street and during our time we were able to walk to everything we wanted to see.
We had I think a deluxe room which had a nice balcony although no view and I'd suggest they put some chairs on it which would make it excellent. Nice bathroom with separate shower and big corner bath. Hotel has a nice pool which gets lots of sun. Breakfast was good plenty to get you going for a day of exploring. Bed was massive and comfy.
Have to mention the lady who works on their tourist advice desk who was very helpful.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pow84
Tamatave
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

This is a great place to stay, clean, spacious and fair priced for what you get, however it is not a backpackers accommodation, there fore one would expect a slightly more attentive staff. I'm referring to the restraunt staff only, I stayed here 6 nights and it was a struggle getting them off their cell phones to serve their customers, I watched as this cost the hotel money. The staff also lost out on tips due to the addiction of cell phones at work. Now I have traveled enough to know that this is an epidemic, but I feel this place has a lot going for it, they just need to set some solid staff rules.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Randy G
Boston
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The hotel is centrally located, rooms are impressive but the bathroom is questionable in terms of the layout. No shelves but there are mini booths located about 3 feet away from the sink to put down the toiletries. Shower stall is quite tiny.

The most annoying experience was the noise level I was getting in my room (225) where I was staying. A club/bar close by plays music so loud every night and I wasn't able to get any good sleep throughout my stay there, Feb 7-11, 2014. I informed the front desk staff and even spoke to the manager after the first night. I was informed that they cannot move me to a quieter room unless I pay more since it was going to be an upgrade. I cannot believe what I heard.

The staff/manager need to learn customer service.. ..

Room Tip: Rooms (221-225) facing the pagoda are spacious but the music coming from a bar/club close by is quit...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JunBoston
Benfleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

just stayed there last week 31/01/14 to 03/02/2014 for 4days very good hotel food very clean good staff the restaurant outside was good prices breakfast was very good all you wanted it was very near night life a short walk away but the hotel was very quite a good nights sleep fine pool as well plenty of towels rooms and pool and the maids was very good all room was cleaned every day would stay again if in the area. staff very good .

Room Tip: it was easy to find as very near the three kings so when lost so all the taxi drivers taking us bac...
1 Thank mmadmitch1
Hervey Bay, Australia
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We Have just returned and stayed 10 Ten nights at" At Chiang Mai" hotel and were very disappointed .Even though we paid for Breakfast we ate out 6 of the 10 days cold eggs cold beans cold coffee we tried to get there early and all was cold so we tried a bit latter still cold if you like soup or noodles they where hot I think that was what the staff ate .It was rated 4 1/2 stars we have travelled to many countries and it should be 2 1/2 stars the house keeping was good it's position is great but you can stay in the same Standard or better for 1/3 of the price and get a hot breakfast. The rooms where spacious but where very noisy and the bath room was terrible

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the building are less street noise but very noisy from other guests