Open today: 09:30 - 13:30, 16:00 - 20:00
Review Highlights
Must do- Cultural immersion and Hospitality

This experience with Pailin was one we'll never forget! We were picked up at our hotel by our... read more

Reviewed 8 April 2022
Emily R
Such a fun & delicious experience!

What a fantastic experience in a beautiful setting! We loved our cooking class which was fun & easy... read more

Reviewed 3 January 2022
NYexplorer2000
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Chiang Mai
from £30.69
from £19.99
from £35.32
from £22.21
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 July 2019

What a fun time with Jam at the Pantawan Cooking School....first a great trip to the market where Jam taught us all about the ingredients we would later use. I particularly liked learning about and smelling all the different basils! Then on to the beautiful cooking school located in a very serene and garden like setting, Everything is set up so orderly and my husband and I each had our own kitchen settings complete with gas cooktops. And did we use them. From chipping lemongrass and grinding our spices, we made so many dishes. (You get the recipes and a Certificate at the end). We cooked banana leaves over a flame to make little packets of food which we were later grilled. Improved my chopping techniques too. Beautiful food and so many different dishes. I cannot say enough about how fun this class was! And Jam took plenty of pictures with our iPhones so we could remember everything. I know there are several cooking schools in Chaing Mai but Pantawan was highly recommended by our travel agent, Scott Dunn. And I'm so happy they did. It was a fantastic experience. Thank you Jam and Pantawan crew!

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed 23 July 2019

One of the highlight in Chiang Mai. The driver picked us up at the hotel and went to a local market before the class. The market has a cute dog :) Yam is super nice and funny, she taught us lots of the knowledge of Thai food. We enjoyed every moment in the cooking school. Worth to join.

Reviewed 12 July 2019 via mobile

We absolutely loved our own person cooking class. From the market to the cooking class itself, we learned a great deal about Thai food and culinary culture.

2  Thank josephhK3941QV
Reviewed 12 July 2019 via mobile

A true highlight of our trip. Jam made our visit to Thailand even more memorable. We began with a visit to the market, where she had us try some new foods and for a chance to walk around explaining the different foods to us. Pantawan cooking school is located in a beautiful and tranquil setting. Jam took the time teaching us about all of the different ingredients and how they all worked together. She taught us to prepare the foods in their authentic style. Then, we had the opportunity to each prepare or own dishes. Jam was so accommodating in helping me to prepare my dishes to my liking since I don’t prefer spicy foods. We prepared 4 traditional dishes. Each was so delicious using the finest and freshest ingredients. After, we sat down to a beautiful and satisfying dinner. I can’t say enough wonderful things about Jam and Pantawan. You must prioritize a visit while in Chiang Mai. I highly recommend this. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 11 July 2019

The market tour was fun but it was very informative, clean, the vendors were very helpful. The cooking school itself is set in a beautiful garden. The cooking facility was top notch. The chef was fun, informative, helpful , knowledgeable about many other kinds of food and very encouraging. The staff kept our individual cooking stations clean and well supplied. The food was delicious. I’m a grandma and I took two young adults that don’t cook much. They did very well, learned a lot, gained some confidence and had so much fun. I’d do it again.

Date of experience: June 2019