“Lovely Place, Excellent Food”

Babylonian Middle Eastern Restaurant
Ranked #975 of 2,380 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Food is excellent! We have been there twice! We loved the traditional way of eating, sitting/lying around a round table. Location is very nice. Staff is so friendly. We can recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank Anndika

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Ended up here after being dropped during the day at the Chiang Mai night market.

The staff was very nice and ready to answer all of our questions on the food. We went with the Iraqi dishes. We had an apricot lamb curry, Topka and tomato rice. Everything was just incredibly delicious.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Hummus, fattoush and king's kabob were excellent dishes and the timing of courses was perfect. Will be returning to sit at the traditional table and enjoy a cool breeze.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

This restaurant is situated right in the Night Bazaar but upstairs so you're above all the bustle. When we entered we were offered the choice of a 'normal' table and chairs or a traditional style raised bed with cushions and a low central table. We chose the traditional style. For food we ordered a set menu of mixed kebabs and salad which was all tasty, especially the freshly cooked flatbreads.
One thing to note, the restaurant doesn't serve alcohol, but they do have a range of soft drinks, juices, tea etc.

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

As an arabic person, I miss arabic food. I live in china at the moment and I came to chiang mai for a holiday with my husband, I asked about middle eastern food and the tourist information office recommended this restaurant to me. The food was great and the service as well. I was welcomed from them alot and they offer me a hot drink for free :)
This food here is a real arabic food cooked on an arabic standard and arabic spices. As I could smell it before I start eating it. Very happy for this experience :)