“New hotel in Chiang Mai”
Review of Roseate Hotel

Roseate Hotel
Ranked #66 of 379 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Ankara, Turkey
“New hotel in Chiang Mai”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Roseate is a nice hotel with clean rooms, big bathrooms. There is also a travel agency in the hotel which makes it very easy for the visitors... The breakfast is average. There is free wifi and the coverage is good.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ozlem-burak

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I currently live and work in Phuket (also in hotels) and was looking to make a trip up to Chiang Mai for 4 nights for some relaxation. Every cheaper priced property I came across on various internet sites seemed to look very old and musty however I came across Roseate hotel and it seemed to tick all the right boxes.

The hotel Manager emailed me to confirm the booking, I also asked if there was a free shuttle (as a previous reviewer had mentioned it) and she duly said that the driver would wait with my name board in the arrival lounge. Upon arriving at the airport the driver was knowwhere to be seen however a quick phone call to the hotel and the driver appeared within 10 minutes.

Upon arriving at the hotel, everything looked nice and clean. As another reviewer mentioned the staff try really hard to help you but the level of English is not great. Check in was quick (no pre-authorisation was required) and I was escorted up to the room with the bellman taking my suitcase. It was great that I was able to checkin before the usual 2pm checkin time! The hotel is split over 3 floors however there is an elevator.

The room was really nice, reasonably large and bright and also looked nice and new. They have an electronic keycard opening system which is seemingly becoming the norm these days. Bed was very comfortable and the shower was hot and powerful, there was a laptop size safe and flatscreen TV will many channels (I didnt notice many English ones). The AC was nice and cold, there was a mini bar in the room (albeit rather expensive for the type of hotel!) as well as free tea and coffee.. I noticed that there was no free bottled water which most hotels now offer. They also had free shampoo and shower gel dispensers in the bathroom incase you forget to bring your own.

One strange thing I noticed was that the rooms have a small balcony area, although small and not much of a view they are simply walled off with a window... perhaps there is a law which does not allow them to use the balconies if not then I would place a door to the balcony and a small table and chairs.. I am sure most people would pay slightly more money to have a balcony.

There is free wifi which is great, it worked intermittently the first day but then worked fine thereafter.

You cannot expect miracles for the price you pay and I am probably being overly picky but I found the breakfast a little limited. There was a selection of Asian breakfast items (rice, etc) as well as toast, fried egg, frankfurter type sausages, ham (the ham and sausages were kept in water which was a little odd) and also pancakes as well as the usual tea and coffee, one or two cerials and some fresh fruit... Adequate but nothing special.. I read about a place in Chiang Mai that offered over 40 different nationality breakfasts!

They did have a small bar area in the reception as well as an outdoor terrace upstairs but there was not atmosphere in either of these places so they were not busy at all, which is a shame as I'm sure they could get considerable business from these areas.

If your looking to book tours I recommend the young Thai lady on the tour desk in the reception area. I cannot recall her name but she was very helpful and I booked a few trips via her for a good price.

The location is ok, perhaps it is not the best situated... the night bazaar area is walkable in around 15-20 minutes, Nimmanhaemin road can be reached by Tuk Tuk in 5-10 minutes... but you do need to constantly use tuk tuks or the red vans to get around unless you like to walk in the heat!

On my last day they kindly stored my luggage and as I went on a day tour, when I came back I enquired about the price of the shuttle to the airport and they informed me it would cost 150Thb... the reviewer below stated that it was free but anyway I happily jumped in a passing tuk tuk and off to the airport I went.

Great hotel for the money, I am sure I will return again!

PS, as it is a new property a lot of taxi drivers do not know where the hotel is... I recommend printing/saving the map (from their website) to show to the drivers!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
8 Thank Xaviar84
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights.

We were picked up from the airport and driven back there free of charge, which is really great (especially considering the not-expensive price you pay for the room).

The girls in the reception were nice, although their English level was surprisingly basic. We were kindly helped with the luggage.

The room itself was very good, nothing short of strict western standard. The hotel is brand new, and you can really see and feel it.

Breakfast had a wide buffet choice, which included both western and Thai dishes. We were really satisfied from it, for sure until late noon.

The hotel is not in the "heart of the city", but on the other hand it is not far from the Sunday Market, Night Market and a shopping mall (Kad Suan Kaew). We never had to take a taxi/tuk-tuk/other transportation.

All in all, a really recommended place - not a bad word to say about it at all.

Room Tip: We don't know how noisy are the front rooms, but we had a back room - and it was totally quiet.