“A wonderful place to eat in Chiang Mai”
Review of Amrita Garden

Amrita Garden
Ranked #172 of 2,633 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Price range: US$1 - US$5
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Organic Macrobiotic food. Gluten free pasta with Vegan Bolognese. No.1 Vegan burger Macrobiotic SOBA Raw mango cheese cake, Raw ley lime pie Gluten free brownie ;)
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We’ve been in Chiang Mai for a week and made a point of coming here everyday. The foods so clean and healthy, the atmosphere is relaxed and calming. The food is vegan and organic. I’m gluten-free and managed to figure out what I could eat. They have gluten-free pasta, and a gluten-free cake and brownie. I wasn’t sure if the cheeses/sauce was gluten-free so maybe this could be added onto the menu to clearly specify for us coeliacs if they wished. Despite this, still one of my favourite restaurants in Chiang Mai! Going to miss this place.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

A good choice to clean my palate after eating a few days of thai cuisine.
Excellent thai ice tea and the cafe is located in a quite area of the old town. I walked leisurely from the main street in old town took me about 20 mins to get there, a good way to familiarise myself with all the accommodation options in this corner of old town. Less hectic and touristy compared to the Tha Pae Gate area. Would love to stay in this side of town on my next visit.

Accommodation upstairs available. There are also quality cotton tops for sale.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Beautiful vegan menu. The staff were friendly. We had the jackfruit burger and it was LOVELY. However, the brownie and chocolate cake was quite dry, so I wouldn’t recommend those.
It’s not too expensive either, so overall, a nice experience. Thank you!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

I went there to eat twice in 2 days! First time, I took their set menu with rice balls: very good! Second time, I took the set menu with regular rice: beside a bit of bitter melon (I can t get used to them, sorry), everything was delicious!

I ve also seen some burger going to the next tables, they looked very inviting!

I ve read few things regarding mosquitos, well, they are just everywhere in SEA, especially during the raining season... And some things reguarding the prices, well a healthy set menu for 99B, can t complain, unless you compare with some street food, serving non organic veggies flavoured with MSG.

In my opinion, a place where to have a good food, and a must if you re looking for fermented and/or vegan food!

Reviewed 2 July 2018

This is the basic deal at this lovely indoor-outdoor restaurant:

eat, be healthy, relax, enjoy.

Like the place itself, it's simple.

I had scrumptious tempeh ribs and a miso-veggie soup with carrot, zucchini, pumpkin, and kombu.

And, lucky me, it was probiotics day! So I sampled from the 10 varieties at the self-serve probiotics bar. Water is also self-service, but otherwise there are servers.

Everything was excellent and it felt good just to be there...