“Not a vegetarian but do like good flavours. This place is good.”

Vegetarian Thai Orchid
Ranked #660 of 2,141 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Thai
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Not a vegetarian but do like good flavours. This place is good.”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Went here after visiting Baan Suan Pak organic food shop.

I am not a vegetarin and this place seemed to be full of the types you expect at a vegan joint - you know what i mean alternative, old hippie types. But we thought we would give it a go.

The decor was waht I expectedof a vegan joint. Again you know what I mean. The service very good. But the food was a knockout. I had Khao Soi Gai which looked great and was the best Khao Soi I have ever had, and I have had more than a few. It was just full of flavour. Delicious and I had to ask if there was chicken in it.No I was told. Pookie had Khao Mun Gai and swore that it had grilled chicken. Again - no was the answer. Tawan had an apetiser plate which was also yummy.

The total cost including a drink each 150 baht - about A$5. I will definitely be back.

• Visited March 2014

Donnelly, Idaho
“Each dish has its own outstanding flavor”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

This is absolutely incredible food, would be worth it to take a cooking lesson here!
if you are interested in trying a vegan diet ohhhh! You will not miss a thing! I wish these guys had a restaurant in every town, would revolutionize the worlds of food. Please try it!!

• Visited March 2013
Donnelly, Idaho
“All Vegan”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This is a fairly rustic and local small restraunt. Eight of us came here together numerous times. We did have a local friend who ordered many dishes for us to try and they were all excellent. I am not a fan of imitation meat because it reminds me of meat, but I like mushrooms and tofu and they certaiunly have many flavors. So inexpensive, under $10 US dollars for at least a dozen dishes that we ordered served family stlye. A great variety of flavors, an all vegan restraunt, mostly outdoor seating with a friendly staff. I highly recommend the Thai Orchid.

• Visited April 2013