A 200-year old tamarind street stands majestically in the middle of the nicely manicured courtyard of the Tamarind Village and greets you as you check into the hotel. Tamarind Village is a medium-sized boutique hotel that offers you the true Thai hospitality. As I was checking in close to midnight and I was still craving for dinner, the hotel staff helpfully suggested a few places around the hotel which I can still grab dinner and even personally escorted me there.
The hotel rooms are all fitted with wooden floor boards, wooden writing desk and the walls are decorated with black and white artistic shots of the surrounding spots. The bathrooms are large, fitted with power-shower and you can try (and even take home) their house-brand toiletries. The breakfast is sumptious with an extensive spread and it is served just right in front of the pool area and next to the "in-house" art gallery.
The key tourist sites and temples are all within 15 minutes walking distance away from the hotel and what is more beautiful is the hotel is just tucked away within the old city walls from the main road. Several cafes, restaurants, bars, travel agencies and bike rental kiosks dot the main road outside of the hotel.
All in all, the hotel is very centrally located within the old wall city, within easy reach to explore the touristy sites and is very comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Village is a unique and charming boutique property that nestles in the heart of historic Chiang Mai. Surrounded by ancient temples and quaint shopping streets, it takes its name from a magnificent 200 year old tamarind tree that shelters the hotel in a shady embrace.Tamarind Village is situated at the center of Chiang Mai’s old town. Many of Chiang Mai’s historic landmarks and temples such as Thapae Gate, the Three Kings Monument, Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang are located within a few minutes walk of the hotel. Each week, Chiang Mai’s famous ‘Sunday Walking Street’ takes place just in front of the hotel’s entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Tamarind Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Village Chiang Mai
- Tamarind Village Hotel Chiang Mai