This hotel was the last one in our trip of 3 weeks true Thailand. Is was beautiful, clean and the personel was nice and helpful. We were with our 2 kids of 3 and 4 years old.
We booked a room on internet, when we came there it was fully booked and so the gave us the bridal suite, wich was super! Very big room with a terras even bigger.
The food was very good and they were always willing to make something special for the kids.
I cannot tell one negative thing about this hotel.
We were there around Loy Kratong, the annual light festival, and the hotel had a free workshop to make your own Kratong, a cake of flowers, to put on the river. The had kilos of flowers and were helping everyone to make one. This was a super experience!
I cannot say it was cheap, but it was worth the price!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Village is a unique and charming boutique property that nestles in the heart of historic Chiang Mai. Surrounded by ancient temples and quaint shopping streets, it takes its name from a magnificent 200 year old tamarind tree that shelters the hotel in a shady embrace.Tamarind Village is situated at the center of Chiang Mai’s old town. Many of Chiang Mai’s historic landmarks and temples such as Thapae Gate, the Three Kings Monument, Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang are located within a few minutes walk of the hotel. Each week, Chiang Mai’s famous ‘Sunday Walking Street’ takes place just in front of the hotel’s entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Tamarind Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Village Chiang Mai
- Tamarind Village Hotel Chiang Mai