The location of this hotel is fantastic. Originally we were trying to decide between here and something closer to the night market. We were very happy to have picked Tamarind. All the major wats are within walking distance and the general area lacks the commotion and riffraff around the market. This hotel is quiet, the rooms are very well appointed, and the pool is great. If you are thinking of coming to Chiang Mai you can't go wrong staying here.
We stayed in one of the suites, which was well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Village is a unique and charming boutique property that nestles in the heart of historic Chiang Mai. Surrounded by ancient temples and quaint shopping streets, it takes its name from a magnificent 200 year old tamarind tree that shelters the hotel in a shady embrace.Tamarind Village is situated at the center of Chiang Mai’s old town. Many of Chiang Mai’s historic landmarks and temples such as Thapae Gate, the Three Kings Monument, Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang are located within a few minutes walk of the hotel. Each week, Chiang Mai’s famous ‘Sunday Walking Street’ takes place just in front of the hotel’s entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Destinology, Agoda, Southall Travel and TravelUp so you can book your Tamarind Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Village Chiang Mai
- Tamarind Village Hotel Chiang Mai