The Tamarind Village is a lovely and relaxing hotel marked by great service. It's a sanctuary and retreat right in the middle of the old City walls. You walk out from this retreat and amazingly find yourself right in the middle of the hustle and bustle of a typical Thai city. The service is excellent and very friendly, they can't do enough. The rooms have all the modern hotel facilities you want but in a different dark wood retreat style. The food is very good and it's delightful to eat at outside tables taking in the night atmosphere watching the pool lit by candles. Fantastic change or character from a glass fronted modern hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Village is a unique and charming boutique property that nestles in the heart of historic Chiang Mai. Surrounded by ancient temples and quaint shopping streets, it takes its name from a magnificent 200 year old tamarind tree that shelters the hotel in a shady embrace.Tamarind Village is situated at the center of Chiang Mai’s old town. Many of Chiang Mai’s historic landmarks and temples such as Thapae Gate, the Three Kings Monument, Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang are located within a few minutes walk of the hotel. Each week, Chiang Mai’s famous ‘Sunday Walking Street’ takes place just in front of the hotel’s entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Tamarind Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Village Chiang Mai
- Tamarind Village Hotel Chiang Mai