We have just spent 17 nights touring Vietnam and Thailand. We stayed in 5 hotels during this time. The Tamarind Village was by far the best. All the staff were extremely helpful. The setting was beautiful and it is right in the middle of the old town perfect location. We stayed in a Lanna room which was the smallest of the hotel rooms we stayed in but again was our favourite. Yes it is dark but the lighting is unlike most hotel rooms and offers plenty of light. Plus we were hardly in the room as there is so much to do in Chaing Mai. We had a complimentary massage in the spa which is the best massage I have ever had and we booked again for the next day. Yes the massage was a bit more expensive but it was well worth it. We will definitely be rebooking this hotel on our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Village is a unique and charming boutique property that nestles in the heart of historic Chiang Mai. Surrounded by ancient temples and quaint shopping streets, it takes its name from a magnificent 200 year old tamarind tree that shelters the hotel in a shady embrace.Tamarind Village is situated at the center of Chiang Mai’s old town. Many of Chiang Mai’s historic landmarks and temples such as Thapae Gate, the Three Kings Monument, Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang are located within a few minutes walk of the hotel. Each week, Chiang Mai’s famous ‘Sunday Walking Street’ takes place just in front of the hotel’s entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Tamarind Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Village Chiang Mai
- Tamarind Village Hotel Chiang Mai