We stayed there for 5 nights to discover Chiang Mai and the surrounding. The staff of the hotel was very friendly and helpful. It is a perfect place to discover the temples and the old town of Chiang Mai - just go out and eveything is around (night market, restaurants, ect. in walking distance). At the same time, the hotel is a quiet spot with a lot of nature: once in the hotel, you don't hear the noise from the street and feel far away from the city life. Rooms and interiour is very nice, walls and doors are not very thick so you can still hear some noise from the garden and maybe neighbours. Additionally, our room was a little bit dark. All in all, we think the hotel is perfect for everyone who wants to discover Chiang Mai, but also likes a save haven for some time or just hang out at the silent pool area. We recommend eating at the restaurant - sitting directly at the pool. The food is very delicious and has fair prices (of course, more western prices). Also the breakfast has eveything one could expect including very good fresh fruit juices and fresh made omelettes. Hotel is definitely a recommendation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Village is a unique and charming boutique property that nestles in the heart of historic Chiang Mai. Surrounded by ancient temples and quaint shopping streets, it takes its name from a magnificent 200 year old tamarind tree that shelters the hotel in a shady embrace.Tamarind Village is situated at the center of Chiang Mai’s old town. Many of Chiang Mai’s historic landmarks and temples such as Thapae Gate, the Three Kings Monument, Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang are located within a few minutes walk of the hotel. Each week, Chiang Mai’s famous ‘Sunday Walking Street’ takes place just in front of the hotel’s entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Tamarind Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Village Chiang Mai
- Tamarind Village Hotel Chiang Mai