Stayed here 3 nights mid Dec with my girlfriend. Got a taxi direct from the airport for 120 Baht which took only 10 minutes to The Tamarind Village.
We had a ground floor Lanna room close to the pool area.
The room was a decent size and very well presented with traditional Thai features. A great selection of bathroom products (some of the best we've seen in any top end hotel). The room was cosy and romantic and cleaned daily no matter what time we left our room.
Because of the traditional doors & windows it did not keep out much sound so heard a few dogs barking one night which kept us awake but most nights were ok.
The overall service was superb and we couldn't fault any staff, they were more than happy to help with any request we had.
Breakfast buffet was good with a wide selection of choice - eggs station, bacon, sausage, cereals, fruit, pastries, yoghurt etc.
During our stay we needed to wear sweaters and trousers for breakfast as it was cold, this was the same in the evenings too.
We were only a few minutes walk from local shops, restaurants, bars and temples. Most places have free wifi on request and the Tamarind offer free wifi throughout.
Tuk Tuks were only 100 baht to the other areas of the town including the riverside.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxed boutique break in Chaing Mai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Village is a unique and charming boutique property that nestles in the heart of historic Chiang Mai. Surrounded by ancient temples and quaint shopping streets, it takes its name from a magnificent 200 year old tamarind tree that shelters the hotel in a shady embrace.Tamarind Village is situated at the center of Chiang Mai’s old town. Many of Chiang Mai’s historic landmarks and temples such as Thapae Gate, the Three Kings Monument, Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang are located within a few minutes walk of the hotel. Each week, Chiang Mai’s famous ‘Sunday Walking Street’ takes place just in front of the hotel’s entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Tamarind Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Village Chiang Mai
- Tamarind Village Hotel Chiang Mai