What a gem, right in the old town and next to the road that has the amazing Sunday night market.
15 minutes from the airport.
Superb old traditional style apartments, superb staff, amazing pool, great food, great location what more do you need?
we stayed for 5 nights as part of our thai honeymoon and after the crazyness of bangkok it was nice to come to chiang mai and totally relax...
The hotel was very quiet and peaceful, almost like being in a buddhist temple. The rooms were spacious and clean and had all the usual amenities that you need such a safe, tea and coffee facilities, air con and laundry if required ( though a little pricey compared to the place down the road)
Resturaunts near by, many bars and coffee places.
the hotel seemed very secure and all staff so helpful... definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Chiang Mai...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Village is a unique and charming boutique property that nestles in the heart of historic Chiang Mai. Surrounded by ancient temples and quaint shopping streets, it takes its name from a magnificent 200 year old tamarind tree that shelters the hotel in a shady embrace.Tamarind Village is situated at the center of Chiang Mai’s old town. Many of Chiang Mai’s historic landmarks and temples such as Thapae Gate, the Three Kings Monument, Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang are located within a few minutes walk of the hotel. Each week, Chiang Mai’s famous ‘Sunday Walking Street’ takes place just in front of the hotel’s entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TravelUp and Destinology so you can book your Tamarind Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Village Chiang Mai
- Tamarind Village Hotel Chiang Mai