1,792 results
All reviewslanna roomvillage walkold townan oasistemple tourour honeymoonbeautiful hoteldogs barkingsunday marketthe hustle and bustleboutique hotelbusy citylanna stylespa treatmentsmosquito netfresh fruitegg station
Reviewed 29 May 2014

It was my first time to Chiang Mai and I stayed in this lovely hotel which was out of my expectation.
It was located at a convenient location, centre of the old city. The Sunday Walking Street was right at the main entrance of the hotel. However, this walking street was close due to the curfew.
I asked to stay on the first floor of the hotel as suggested by other reviewer. The room was well decorated with Northern Thai Style. I loved it very much.
All the staff there were friendly and helpful. They even helped me to plan our tour in Chiang Mai.
I would definitely recommended this hotel to those travelers who want to have a relaxing stay in Chiang Mai.

1  Thank little_peg
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I cant really say enough nice things about this place.
We stayed for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon. The hotel really is a little oasis, right in the centre of the city but so quiet inside you would never know. You get a lovely cold drink and cold towel on arrival which I thought was a nice touch.
The reception staff were so nice, and really helpful. Our room was a bit on the small side (perfectly adequate but as it was a special occasion im sorry we didn't ask for an upgrade) but the décor was gorgeous. Bed was really comfortable and I loved the huge shower.
The pool area was so tranquil, breakfast had a great selection and we ate there one night for dinner and it was gorgeous too.
We had a couples traditional thai massage, wow it was fab!!
The only tiny complaint I have is about the wifi, it kept logging itself off which was a bit annoying but its such a small thing I feel bad for even mentioning it!
I would definitely recommend Tamarind Village, and I would stay there again.
Oh and the restaurant right across the road is amazing too, I cant remember the name, maybe its Chilli? fab food. Id also recommend a visit to the Saturday market and to one of the more ethical elephant parks. So much to do in fabulous Chiang Mai.

1  Thank Sunl0ver86
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Very authentic hotel with nicely decorated rooms. So original! Helpful and friendly staff.
Great ambiance and delicious food.
Nice pool area.
Peaceful setting in the middle of the old city. One of a kind!
We enjoyed our stay very much!
Highly recommended!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Just wanted to say thankyou to all the staff at the Tamarind Village for making our for day trip extremely comfortable.
We were warmly welcomed and all questions of which there were many were kindly answered and very helpful for our stay in Chiang Mai.
We had a lovely room very close to the reception area ,however it was extremely quiet.
The breakfast was served by the pool area and was more than adequate and again all the restaurant staff were so kind and helpful.
I would definitely recommend this hotel as a place to stay whilst visiting Chiang Mai.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The Tamarind Village is an outstanding place to stay for a day, a week or a month. On site restaurant serving outstanding meals, large pool and just about anything else a quest might want or need for a grand stay in Chiang Mai. I'll be staying there again next year when I do another motorcycle tour of Thailand. It is the perfect place to unwind and shed your jetlag blues before continuing on your journey of this wonderful place they call Thailand.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo