1,811 results
All reviews lanna room village walk old town an oasis temple tour our honeymoon beautiful hotel sunday market the hustle and bustle boutique hotel busy city lanna style mosquito net fresh fruit rooms are small egg station lovely pool
Reviewed 30 May 2014

More like a planters house than a Sheraton. Lovely room, brilliant service, great pool, sensational breakfast, in the middle of the Old City but as quiet as. Only down side is that the rooms are darkish and don't have spectacular outlooks, but you are in the middle of a city and the resort only goes up one floor - ground and 1st floor. My wife and I are definitely going back next time we're in Chiang Mai.

Room Tip: Some rooms are bigger than others. We stayed in 6102, tucked right into the corner, away from everything, and it was roomy and very comfortable.
2  Thank CarteB
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Lovely setting, quaint and typical Thailand. Staff wonderful and they really look after you, nothing is too much trouble. Had a meal at the hotel the first night and the food and service was excellent.

1  Thank NWaltham
Reviewed 29 May 2014

It was my first time to Chiang Mai and I stayed in this lovely hotel which was out of my expectation.
It was located at a convenient location, centre of the old city. The Sunday Walking Street was right at the main entrance of the hotel. However, this walking street was close due to the curfew.
I asked to stay on the first floor of the hotel as suggested by other reviewer. The room was well decorated with Northern Thai Style. I loved it very much.
All the staff there were friendly and helpful. They even helped me to plan our tour in Chiang Mai.
I would definitely recommended this hotel to those travelers who want to have a relaxing stay in Chiang Mai.

1  Thank little_peg
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I cant really say enough nice things about this place.
We stayed for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon. The hotel really is a little oasis, right in the centre of the city but so quiet inside you would never know. You get a lovely cold drink and cold towel on arrival which I thought was a nice touch.
The reception staff were so nice, and really helpful. Our room was a bit on the small side (perfectly adequate but as it was a special occasion im sorry we didn't ask for an upgrade) but the décor was gorgeous. Bed was really comfortable and I loved the huge shower.
The pool area was so tranquil, breakfast had a great selection and we ate there one night for dinner and it was gorgeous too.
We had a couples traditional thai massage, wow it was fab!!
The only tiny complaint I have is about the wifi, it kept logging itself off which was a bit annoying but its such a small thing I feel bad for even mentioning it!
I would definitely recommend Tamarind Village, and I would stay there again.
Oh and the restaurant right across the road is amazing too, I cant remember the name, maybe its Chilli? fab food. Id also recommend a visit to the Saturday market and to one of the more ethical elephant parks. So much to do in fabulous Chiang Mai.

1  Thank Sunl0ver86
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Very authentic hotel with nicely decorated rooms. So original! Helpful and friendly staff.
Great ambiance and delicious food.
Nice pool area.
Peaceful setting in the middle of the old city. One of a kind!
We enjoyed our stay very much!
Highly recommended!