We stayed here for a week and thoroughly enjoyed the tranquil setting; a cool 'oasis' away from the heat of the day. Although they were a little small and quite dark during the day, the rooms were very well serviced, quaint, attractive and welcoming with fragrant oil burning when we arrived and quality bath products. The daily complimentary fresh fruit was most welcome and the staff were accommodating and friendly, especially the reception staff who were very helpful in organising our excursions etc. Breakfast was served by the pool and was quite good and we enjoyed the live entertainment while having our pre-dinner drinks at night, as well as the daily craft activities. The position of the hotel in the 'old' part of the city was great and we would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Village is a unique and charming boutique property that nestles in the heart of historic Chiang Mai. Surrounded by ancient temples and quaint shopping streets, it takes its name from a magnificent 200 year old tamarind tree that shelters the hotel in a shady embrace.Tamarind Village is situated at the center of Chiang Mai’s old town. Many of Chiang Mai’s historic landmarks and temples such as Thapae Gate, the Three Kings Monument, Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang are located within a few minutes walk of the hotel. Each week, Chiang Mai’s famous ‘Sunday Walking Street’ takes place just in front of the hotel’s entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Tamarind Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Village Chiang Mai
- Tamarind Village Hotel Chiang Mai