It is a well kept property in sync with nature. Couldn't believe it's in the middle of the city. Rooms are fabulous.
Spa is wonderful(I got one free back massage as part of the package). The setup is very well planned. They saved whatever trees they could by building around it.... Very thoughtful.
The restaurant is excellent overlooking the pool. The entry to the hotel reminded me of my grandmas village home. The decor is tastefully done. Staff was pleasant and ever smiling. I loved the table mats in the restaurant so much that I wanted to know the shop. They actually managed to source some for me from their storeroom as it was from Bangkok.
Fresh Jamun(local fruit) every day in the room... Delicious!!!
All in all, my money's worth. Will highly recommend this for the experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Village is a unique and charming boutique property that nestles in the heart of historic Chiang Mai. Surrounded by ancient temples and quaint shopping streets, it takes its name from a magnificent 200 year old tamarind tree that shelters the hotel in a shady embrace.Tamarind Village is situated at the center of Chiang Mai’s old town. Many of Chiang Mai’s historic landmarks and temples such as Thapae Gate, the Three Kings Monument, Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang are located within a few minutes walk of the hotel. Each week, Chiang Mai’s famous ‘Sunday Walking Street’ takes place just in front of the hotel’s entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Tamarind Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Village Chiang Mai
- Tamarind Village Hotel Chiang Mai