I could imagine Chiangmai 30-40 years ago being a town with nice wooden houses in large gardens, peaceful and beautiful. Now it is a busy city with ugly concrete 2-3 storey houses behind untidy electricity cables. No character is preserved, and the visitor only refuge is isolated cafes or hotels that respect the culture of the place, the temples and the colourful markets.
Tamarind village is100% pure Thai architecture and atmosphere, an oasis in the middle of an architectural desert. Full of positive energy with excellent and trained staff, with very good thai food at the restaurant.
it is really lovely to stay in this hotel. It preserves all good qualities of Thai culture, natural environment and people.
Areas for improvement exist. Swimming pool is old and small, breakfast could have a better selection of breads and cheeses, vanity mirror in the bathroom.... However it is value for money and I would easily recommend it.
We stayed for three nights with the family during our 14 days trip to Thailand and returned for one night more after a jungle tour. We all enjoyed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Village is a unique and charming boutique property that nestles in the heart of historic Chiang Mai. Surrounded by ancient temples and quaint shopping streets, it takes its name from a magnificent 200 year old tamarind tree that shelters the hotel in a shady embrace.Tamarind Village is situated at the center of Chiang Mai’s old town. Many of Chiang Mai’s historic landmarks and temples such as Thapae Gate, the Three Kings Monument, Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang are located within a few minutes walk of the hotel. Each week, Chiang Mai’s famous ‘Sunday Walking Street’ takes place just in front of the hotel’s entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Southall Travel, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Tamarind Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Village Chiang Mai
- Tamarind Village Hotel Chiang Mai