My first time in Chiang Mai and what a good place to chose for my solo holiday! From arrival to departure, every staff member I encountered made me feel welcome. I stayed 8 nights and really appreciated the location, the peace, the comfortable room and the breakfast with lots of choice each morning. Fresh fruit appeared in my room on most days. The supplied toiletries were good quality. The shower pressure was good. Most days I swam in the pool and then relaxed on a banana lounge nearby. I enjoyed my session at the onsite spa centre. I did venture out to cooking classes, a day tour to the north and wandered the night walking market just outside the front entrance on the Sunday. There are several interesting and different temples (wats) just nearby and I sat in the wat ground listening to the monks chanting on my last evening. The resident squirrels were entertaining too. I had one of the more basic rooms (which still looked pretty good) and the only thing I missed was being able to open curtains to daylight. Overall though I really enjoyed my time at Tamarind Village and would like to return, both to the hotel and Chiang Mai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Village is a unique and charming boutique property that nestles in the heart of historic Chiang Mai. Surrounded by ancient temples and quaint shopping streets, it takes its name from a magnificent 200 year old tamarind tree that shelters the hotel in a shady embrace.Tamarind Village is situated at the center of Chiang Mai’s old town. Many of Chiang Mai’s historic landmarks and temples such as Thapae Gate, the Three Kings Monument, Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang are located within a few minutes walk of the hotel. Each week, Chiang Mai’s famous ‘Sunday Walking Street’ takes place just in front of the hotel’s entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Southall Travel, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Tamarind Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Village Chiang Mai
- Tamarind Village Hotel Chiang Mai