My husband and I stayed at the Tamrind Village whilst on our honeymoon.
This was our first oversees trip together and the staff made us feel very welcome. We received recommendations on things to do in Chiang Mai - there was a great trips and tours book in reception.
The hotel itself is very quiet and peacefull - it did not feel as though we were in the middle of Chiang Mai! Excellent location with pleanty of restuarnants/markets within walking distance - also easy access to tuk tuks. We felt very safe walking the streets of Chiang Mai and found it to be a very easy place to travel around.
The restaurant was reasonably priced with exceptional service. It was lovely to sit by the pool whilst having breakfast each morning.
This was a fantastic start to our trip and we are really looking forward to our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Village is a unique and charming boutique property that nestles in the heart of historic Chiang Mai. Surrounded by ancient temples and quaint shopping streets, it takes its name from a magnificent 200 year old tamarind tree that shelters the hotel in a shady embrace.Tamarind Village is situated at the center of Chiang Mai’s old town. Many of Chiang Mai’s historic landmarks and temples such as Thapae Gate, the Three Kings Monument, Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang are located within a few minutes walk of the hotel. Each week, Chiang Mai’s famous ‘Sunday Walking Street’ takes place just in front of the hotel’s entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Tamarind Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Village Chiang Mai
- Tamarind Village Hotel Chiang Mai