My boyfriend and I stayed at Gap's house for 2 nights, but I wish we had been able to stay longer! We found it just while walking around and popped our head in around 9am and asked for a room. For 600 baht a night we had an A/C room with a private bath and a mosquito-netted double bed. No TV.
- Beautiful decor! I fell in love with the romantic nature of the furniture - it was all wood and very sturdy.
- CLEAN. Bathrooms and rooms were spotless! Everything was very comfortable
- Free breakfast! Pretty basic, but free! And it was a nice way to start our mornings, sitting in their lovely seating area.
- Quiet. Our room was directly next to the breakfast area but we never had an issue. (we are also early risers...)
- Free internet! Two computers for the guests.
- A/C worked well.
- Hairdryer included!
- Location. Close to the markets all over town. We walked everywhere and never took a tuk-tuk once.
- LOTS OF MOSQUITOES. I had mosquito repellent on at all times. Totally worth it though. Seriously. I had the wipes and that was pretty easy to apply. There's a mosquito net over the bed and it worked beautifully at night.
We never had much interaction with the owners, other than on the first day. There were a few weird interactions.. one where an old man stopped us at 7am in the morning while we were leaving and asked us forcefully where we were going (uh, laundry? sorry??) But other than that, they were perfectly friendly to us.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Gap's House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gap`s House Hotel Chiang Mai