Get rewarded with One Key
Go to your Happy Price
Algotels
Peter d
Phayao City, Thailand

Room not clean, including bathroom!

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 Apr 2024via mobile
Agoda promised me a bathtub but I only got a shower. The bathroom and bed were dirty, so was the cushion on the stool! I only booked for 1 night, otherwise I would have left. You can clearly see dead insects everywhere and stains on the sink, towel and stool cushion.
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: Avoid this hotel if you stay more than 1 night
Trip type: Travelled solo
0.2 miles from BP Chiang Mai City Hotel
2.9 miles from BP Chiang Mai City Hotel
0.3 miles from BP Chiang Mai City Hotel
Pool
0.7 miles from BP Chiang Mai City Hotel
1.5 miles from BP Chiang Mai City Hotel
View more hotels in Chiang Mai
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 November 2023

Very large old Chinese hotel It’s located in old Chiang Mai with many restaurants bars and massage places very close The hotel itself is a bit dated but the rooms are great. Breakfast was provided which was basic but adequate.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2023 via mobile

Location in the middle of old town is perfect and the rooms are huge; however, the bathroom was far from clean: thick stains on the sink, toilet bowl dark brown below, bath tub not cleaned and the stop plug did not fit, so bathing was impossible; also, the ceiling was damaged

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2022 via mobile

We struggled to find accommodation in Chiang Mai so when a room in this hotel popped up we quickly booked for the location then later found out it was the lantern festival celebrations in town. We booked for a week although wanted to stay in Chiang Mai for 3 weeks and thankfully we did as even one night is too long in this hotel. I’ve travelled Sth East Asia for over 15 years and always stay in the mid-price range so have seen my fair share of average hotels but this is by far the worst. The room we had, 511, was appalling and cleaning practically non existent. Make sure you check the photos here carefully to see the real hotel. The photos on agoda and others we saw must have been taken 20+ years ago. We asked the front desk to have the bathroom scrubbed properly which took the standard from unusable to below average. The pool was green and murky with missing tiles. The lift had wet carpets and smelt like damp mould. The floors were so dirty it left our feet black so had to wear shoes in the room always. Wi-Fi also terrible. Do not stay here not even for the location.

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2019

A friend booked this hotel for us and when I saw the reviews, I wanted him to change the reservation. Instead, we checked it out and it seemed fine, so we spent two nights there. I found the staff to be friendly and very helpful. I needed them to print out an emailed document and they did it without problem. I'm sure there may be better places in Chiang Mai, but this establishment was centrally located with easy access to main sites. The rooms were large with good wifi/AC and the water in the shower was piping hot. The breakfast buffet had many choices with fresh fruit and other dishes. The beds were very firm as some have mentioned, but that is exactly the way I like my bed.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 20 December 2019

Great location for taking in the night bazaar and markets. The hotel appears quite opulent when you first arrive - large foyer and dining area. But the rest of the hotel is unfortunately a bit run down. Found the room substantial enough and beds comfortable enough - but I like a firm mattress!
The breakfast was good and I didn't find wanting for more.

Date of stay: December 2019