“Excellent place to start your Muay Thai training”

Team Quest Thailand
Ranked #104 of 255 things to do in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Beginners, intermediate, or advanced, you are all welcome to join Team Quest Thailand's MMA and Muay Thai camp. With the vision to offer traditional Muay Thai training to foreigners who want to learn it in its most authentic form, Team Quest Thailand has hand-picked its instructors based on their ability to teach techniques and relate ideas to foreign students. Join one of their camps and you will learn Muay Thai in its most pure form. Please visit our website for more information!
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent place to start your Muay Thai training”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I only stayed in Chiangmai for very short time, and decided to try Muay Thai for the first time. I have got very good lessons from Team Quest Thailand. The workout was very good and challenging. The trainer paid very close attention to you to make sure that you do the right things.
All the trainers here are fluent in English so I have no problem to adapt the lesson.
I also had chance to see most of the trainers competed in real fights against other fighters from different gyms, they are all successful and professional fighter. Therefore I am very confident that I learnt good techniques from right people.
The training fee are very reasonable compared to other gyms. Gym equipments are well maintained and fairly new.
If you are a girl who want to train Muay Thai for the first time or to fight, I would strongly recommend Team Quest Thailand over other Gyms. There were few other girls also trained when I was here, so I did not feel shy to train here. The hygiene is really good at the gym. No funny sweat smell like others.
I definitely come back Team Quest Thailand.

Visited February 2014
10 Thank Lisale28
TeamQuestThailand, Owner at Team Quest Thailand, responded to this review, 16 June 2015
Hey Lisale,

We are so happy to hear you had a great experience at TQT. We understand what it's like to be a lady and how nerve racking it can be for first timers wanting to train. Our trainers go through great lengths to treat everyone the same and fairly and I think you got to experience that :) Doesn't matter if your a girl or a guy, the trainers are going to put you through a hard workout haha.

Cologne, Germany
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best choice for MMA training!”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

It is my second time at Team Quest and I´m staying for more than three months already. I train Muay Thai, Grappling and MMA and compete here as well as I did in Germany. The Muay Thai training is well structured but still "typical" Thai style, including rope skipping, bagrounds, padrounds, technique drills and sparring or clinching.
While the Muay Thai trainers are all Thais, the MMA and Grappling coach is from the US and adds classes of western boxing for MMA, ground and pound technique, takedown classes and "ordinary" grappling classes to the schedule.

I planned to stay for three months and leave to another gym then but decided to stay longer, because I really get everything I need here. Inclduing cool teammates.

With my experience from training at different gyms in Germany and in Thailand I can definitely recommend Team Quest - whether you are a beginner or a fighter. It´s a cool gym with good facilities and just a few minutes ride from the city center if you want to go partying.

Felix from Germany

Visited September 2013
6 Thank Felix P
Hey Felix,

Wow I can't believe it was your second time already. Seems like you just arrived the first time LOL. It's awesome to have you had back for a second time and also stayed several months longer than you expected, I guess that means you really loved it and we are doing something right :)
Los Angeles, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Worth Every Penny”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I came to this gym because I am trying to become a professional fighter and I was looking for the best Team to train with while on Holiday. I got exactly what I asked for. The coaching staff was amazing. I learned more about wrestling and Jiu Jitsu than I possibly could have imagined in 1 month.

Visited September 2013
4 Thank Dylan N
Hey Dylan,

We are really excited about how you have progressed as a fighter. It's awesome to see that you recently made your professional debut :). You have come a long way in a short amount of time!
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
6 attraction reviews
“Amazing Experience!!!”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I had an amazing time at Team Quest Thailand and would like to recommend it to everyone. I was new to training Muay Thai when I first arrived to the gym and I was very nervous. The trainers really took time and effort to help me learn proper technique. I specifically like working with Kru Pai because he pushed me to limits I never thought I could accomplish on my own. I learned so much in my short 5 weeks training there.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Luke B
Hey Luke,

Seems like forever ago that you left to go home. 5 weeks always goes by so fast. We are happy that we were able to help you with everything you wanted at the gym. In 5 weeks you progressed so much. Hope everything is good and hope to see you soon again!