“Definitely worth a visit!”

Team Quest Thailand
Ranked #91 of 247 things to do in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Beginners, intermediate, or advanced, you are all welcome to join Team Quest Thailand's MMA and Muay Thai camp. With the vision to offer traditional Muay Thai training to foreigners who want to learn it in its most authentic form, Team Quest Thailand has hand-picked its instructors based on their ability to teach techniques and relate ideas to foreign students. Join one of their camps and you will learn Muay Thai in its most pure form. Please visit our website for more information!
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Definitely worth a visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Due to a short stay in Chiang Mai, I only had enough time to train at Team Quest once. I learned more about Muay Thai technique from the trainers at this gym in that one session than I think I did from about a week's worth of training at another gym in Phuket.
The staff and trainers were very approachable, friendly and had a wealth of knowledge.
The level of the others training with me seemed to vary from beginners like myself to fighters, but everyone training were also very friendly and supportive. The gym has a great atmosphere.

I am already telling friends from Australia to go and train at Team Quest!

Visited August 2014
4 Thank Chantelle K
TeamQuestThailand, Owner at Team Quest Thailand, responded to this review, 16 June 2015
Hey Chantelle,

Wow thanks for the great feeback. It always makes us feel really good when students prefer our training over "tourist" gyms. We strive to keep our Muay Thai training Authentic and I think the students can see the difference!

Chester
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Muay Thai masterclass”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I trained at team quest for 3 weeks whilst in Chiang Mai and it was by far the highlight of my trip. I have been training back home for almost 2 years but in 3 weeks they have completely changed the way I fight and my attitude to the sport. I was nervous about fighting back home but Ni (my coach) gave me the confidence and skills I needed to fight at Loi Kroh stadium last week against a seasoned Thai fighter. The coaches are hugely friendly and the environment is extremely encouraging and welcoming to students of all abilities. The equipment and gym facilities are top notch. These guys will turn you into an absolute machine in no time at all due to their rigorous cardio routine (don't let that out you off though, they sets pace to suit you). Team quest also do Mma coaching, which I did one session of but unfortunately couldn't juggle that and Muay Thai as I was working in a hospital during the day time. The Mma coach Dillon is hilarious and very friendly, not to mention an absolute master at submission wrestling. I was advised not to train bjj or Mma in Thailand as there Muay Thai coaching is obviously highly regarded, but I defy anyone to find a better Mma coach in Europe or the states. Team quests prices for equipment and training are very reasonable, don't be tempted to go to a cheaper Thai gym, as the coaches inability to speak English will probably get in the way of your progress. Team quest has an international vibe which is really fun and interesting and allows you to learn a huge amount from your team mates.
I plan to return within 2 years to do a full 8 week training camp

Visited July 2014
3 Thank RichCaplan
Hey Rich,

It was an honor to have you out and we are so excited to hear how much you enjoyed the training. It's awesome to see people really take advantage of the training especially when they have a busy schedule like yourself and are learning to be a doctor. Good luck in the future and hope to see you back soon!
Chiang Mai, Thailand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best place to train in Chiang Mai!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Friendly students and coaches, Great big sized MMA/BJJ area, relaxed atmosphere, close to good restaurants and shopping malls.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank J C
Hey JC,

It was awesome to host you at our gamp. Good luck in life and hope to see you back soon!
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent place to start your Muay Thai training”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

I only stayed in Chiangmai for very short time, and decided to try Muay Thai for the first time. I have got very good lessons from Team Quest Thailand. The workout was very good and challenging. The trainer paid very close attention to you to make sure that you do the right things.
All the trainers here are fluent in English so I have no problem to adapt the lesson.
I also had chance to see most of the trainers competed in real fights against other fighters from different gyms, they are all successful and professional fighter. Therefore I am very confident that I learnt good techniques from right people.
The training fee are very reasonable compared to other gyms. Gym equipments are well maintained and fairly new.
If you are a girl who want to train Muay Thai for the first time or to fight, I would strongly recommend Team Quest Thailand over other Gyms. There were few other girls also trained when I was here, so I did not feel shy to train here. The hygiene is really good at the gym. No funny sweat smell like others.
I definitely come back Team Quest Thailand.

Visited February 2014
10 Thank Lisale28
Hey Lisale,

We are so happy to hear you had a great experience at TQT. We understand what it's like to be a lady and how nerve racking it can be for first timers wanting to train. Our trainers go through great lengths to treat everyone the same and fairly and I think you got to experience that :) Doesn't matter if your a girl or a guy, the trainers are going to put you through a hard workout haha.
Cologne, Germany
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best choice for MMA training!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

It is my second time at Team Quest and I´m staying for more than three months already. I train Muay Thai, Grappling and MMA and compete here as well as I did in Germany. The Muay Thai training is well structured but still "typical" Thai style, including rope skipping, bagrounds, padrounds, technique drills and sparring or clinching.
While the Muay Thai trainers are all Thais, the MMA and Grappling coach is from the US and adds classes of western boxing for MMA, ground and pound technique, takedown classes and "ordinary" grappling classes to the schedule.

I planned to stay for three months and leave to another gym then but decided to stay longer, because I really get everything I need here. Inclduing cool teammates.

With my experience from training at different gyms in Germany and in Thailand I can definitely recommend Team Quest - whether you are a beginner or a fighter. It´s a cool gym with good facilities and just a few minutes ride from the city center if you want to go partying.

Felix from Germany

Visited September 2013
6 Thank Felix P
Hey Felix,

Wow I can't believe it was your second time already. Seems like you just arrived the first time LOL. It's awesome to have you had back for a second time and also stayed several months longer than you expected, I guess that means you really loved it and we are doing something right :)