Stayed in Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai just before the owner took over the management from Mandarin Oriental. As many of the reviews have already indicated that the service is really MO standard. Although the architecture is stunning, some of the buildings particularly the colonial part need some touching up. Rain stains on the white wash walls are visible. Stayed in the colonial delux suite, the big is rather big and comfortable with a large balcony.
The ground is huge but signage is not good at all, took me over 15 min to find my way to the north paddi field. The villa section and the paddi field are segregated from the colonial portion of the hotel ground. Tried to book a bicycle and took them 3 days to inform me that the bicycle is available for collection from the gym.
The hotel management should have thought about facilitating accessibility particularly in such a big compound.
Great hotel for families, particularly with children.... the suites near the main pool are noisy with lots of kids running around right outside the colonial suites.
Below are some of my observations:
- Good services and friendly staff;
- Suites roomy and tidy; a good team of housing keeping staff;
- Thai restaurant is great, great food and friendly staff;
- Friendly and helpful pool staff
- Spa is great
- Huge compound and not very accessbility. Long waiting queue for free bike.
- Vacation hotel for large families with kids. If you are expecting a hotel for winding down, skip this one. Hotels with villas in Bali are more for relaxation and winding down. This is more for a family vacation.
- NO free wifi for hotel of this rate and standard; cost about US$20 per day.
If you have a large group or family with children, this is the hotel for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai is set on 60 acres of verdant tranquil grounds in the historical heartland of Northern Thailand. The hotel's unique design draws from the region's rich architectural and cultural heritage that flourished during the Lanna period, which lasted from the mid-13th century until the mid-16th century, and enjoyed a further resurgence in the last 200 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi, Chiang Mai Hotel Chiang Mai
- Mandarin Oriental Chiang Mai
- Mandarin Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Mandarin Oriental