“Absolutely AMAZING!”

The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai
Ranked #2 of 388 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had the pleasure of spending 3 nights in June at the wonderful Dhara Devi, but 3 nights was simply not enough. I cannot begin to describe the beauty of this hotel and its grounds, absolute perfection comes to mind. Every aspect of our stay was memorable, from the hotel to the restaurants and most importantly the staff. We were made to feel like we were the only guests that mattered. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for an unforgettable experience. The rooms were clean and beautifully decorated, the grounds were impeccable. We made sure to have all our meals at the hotel restaurants as the food was amazing, the breakfast and Grand Lanna restaurant especially stood out. If you do have the pleasure of going, pay attention to all the design details. The owner has a passion for antiques and displays them throughout the property. There are design elements everywhere you look, even in the ceilings. Also, if you have the chance ask for Niki, he is amazing and will make your stay that much more pleasurable (I guarantee it).

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, cannot go wrong.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Diana87800
DharaDheviCNX, General Manager at The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear diana87800,

It was a pleasure to read your great comments. Thank you for sharing your recent experience to all. We are glad to hear that your stay was comfortable and our colleagues took good care of you. We will definitely share your kind compliments with our service team and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you again during your next visit to Chiang Mai.

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Dhara Devi for three nights and it was an amazing experience. The Colonial Suites was large, stylish and well appointed with direct access to the garden and for larger groups the villas looked wonderful. The grounds are extensive and there is a beautiful sight at every turn, while the hotel buildings are superb. I was travelling with my mother who has mobility issues and the hotel team took care to ensure that a buggy was always available within minutes to take us wherever we wanted to go in the hotel grounds so that we were never hampered by the distances. Every member of staff was kind and thoughtful, in particular our butler Patcha, who could not do enough for us. You are treated like royalty at this hotel and with the stunning setting and lovely accommodation that is how you feel. I would highly recommend the Dhara Devi, it is the ideal place to stay when exploring the Chang Mai area. Don't forget to have afternoon tea at the cake shop and a drink at the Horn Bar.

Room Tip: Ask the hotel to recommend the best option based on your preferences. For example I asked for a quie...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
DharaDheviCNX, General Manager at The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear jobstears,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I am pleased to read that you had a great stay and enjoyed all aspects of our resort. Your great comments will be shared with our team, especially our butler team.

Thank you once again for your compliments and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you again to Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We have stayed 3 nighs in mid-June, 2014.

We are convinced that Dhara Dhevi is one of the best hotels we have stayed in. We were upgraded to Villa with plunge pool with views overlooking the rice paddies. The view is great and it gives you a feeling of go to an authentic Northern Thai Village yet the hotel is not too far from Chiang Mai city centre.

The villa interior is nicely decorated and impeccably clean. The bed is very comfortable too, we quickly fell asleep each night and woke up refreshed the next morning. Breakfast is also commendable. We loved the home made jams with the exotic twists. The wide selection both Western and Thai dishes also impressed us. We liked the Pad Thai from the kitchen that was made when ordered, and the noodle counter with different broth each day.

We also enjoyed our time in the Colonial Pool. The pool staffs were very attentive and quickly setup our pool beds with drinks and fruits. The underwater music was fantastic. We did not try the Loy Kham Pool as it was under maintenance, and would love to try it when we visit next time.

We booked our spa treatment via email and the spa staffs were also prompt in their response on my enquiry in email. We finally visited the spa on the third night and we were fascinated by the architecture and decoration. The spa treatment was equally good and relaxing.

We missed the hotel even before we leave. We would visit Chiang Mai again just to stay with there again and hopefully that would not be too long. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Get the villa with rice paddies view!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank willie k

Dear willie k,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write this review following your recent stay at Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai. We are glad to hear that you have a wonderful stay and that you enjoy all aspect of the resort, from the comfortable bed to the delicious meal and the friendliness of our colleagues. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time should your travel plan to Chiang Mai arise in the future. We do look forward to welcoming you back to our resort again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

It's wonderful. I want to go there. Everthings is delicious. Atmosphere is good.I love there.Good day.
Eiei^^ goooooood . Hotel is good. I love dhara devi sooooooo much. Afternoon tea is good. Nice
service ♥♥♥

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Pangggg
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Eiei^^ goooooood . Hotel is good. I love dhara devi. Afternoon tea is good.i don't forget there . Loveeeeeeee

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Mimnarak,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I am pleased to read that you had a great time at our resort. We hope to welcoming you again to Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Sawadeeka! You will learn this word as everyone at Dhara Dhevi will greet you like that. The hotel is fantastic and although I've stayed at many great hotels, this just cannot be compared with anything else. We were a grup of 7 and we had Nikki to help us around. From my understanding they are trying to bring back the personal butler experience and all I have to say is that it's fantastic. Nikki made sure everything was perfect. If we were going into town he was there making sure we have some cold towels to cool off and giving us water to stay hydrated, talking to our taxi drivers etc. He was our invisible shadow. One night we knew we'll get back late so I called and tried to put a food order from the Thai restaurant (which is really good). The staff at dharma dhevi told me it's only sit down so I've done what I learned, I asked to speak with Nikki. I told him what we would like to eat and thought we will find take out containers. Instead, we got back to the hotel and he was arranging the dinner table for us! Not only that, but the pathway to the dinner table had candles lit! We were wowed. the dinner arrangement looked great, the food was hot and he even left a beautiful flower bouquet on the table. He made it easy when we left also, we were in a rush so he took our food orders, set the table for us, took care of our luggage, got us a driver and so on. I have no words to describe this experience. All I know is that we all want to go back, and we keep on wondering if Nikki was real.
Now about the hotel, I don't know how to describe it. It looks like a little piece of heaven. The property is huge and you get around on bikes (or you can call for one of their buggies). There's a temple, a small river, ruins, shops, restaurants, water fountains and flowers and trees everywhere. You just have to see it to believe it. The rooms are huge and very well maintained. Our villa had an outside shower and hot tub, and downstairs a hammock and a small living room. The colonial suites looked really good as well. When you go to have breakfast you will hear someone singing from a flute (?) and see him riding a huge water buffalo. Then the ponies get out as well. Yes you heard me well, they have 3 ponies. Everyone starts going towards the lawn and petting them in the morning. We didn't go by the pool, but is huge. That pool is a monster and they have under water speakers.
Like I said, everything was just perfect. But what made it an awesome experience was having Nikki.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank maria0702831 .

Dear maria0702831,

We appreciate your time to share your fantastic experience with us. Thank you for choosing Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai to accommodate you for your special celebration and we are glad that your stay was a memorable one. Your enthusiastic comments will also be shared to our colleagues along with their Department Heads. Thank you once again and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to beautiful Chiang Mai and to our resort again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Dhara Dhevi is undeniably one of the most beautiful hotels I have stayed in. It is like a hidden palace nestled among beautifully landscaped grounds, lavishly enhanced with ancient artifacts/architectural recreations, breathtaking lotus-filled moats, and its own operating rice fields. We enjoyed our afternoon by simply taking a stroll and getting lost within this magnificent property.

The staff was extremely attentive. Huge gratitude to the guard who walked along with us through the lotus pond. Also, upon our arrival to the Thai restaurant, the F&B staff noticed that I had mosquito bites on my arms and immediately handed the spray over to me. The food was also delicately prepared, delectable, and of great value.

We absolutely enjoyed our time in the colonial suite. Too bad it was too short of a stay. I hope to return one day to try the villa and other activities offered by the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yolanda H

Dear Yolanda H,

I am so pleased to read your review and that we had met all your expectations and most important that you felt so welcomed at Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai. I will be sure to forward your feedback to our colleagues as it allows me the opportunity to show that their efforts are truly appreciated by our guests and myself alike. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to your return again.

Warm Regards,