“Exceptional”

The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai
Ranked #2 of 380 Hotels in Chiang Mai
“Exceptional”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

It was an amazing experience to stay in Dhara Dhevi. Fristly I love the Lanna building there. Secondly it had a lot of activties for you and the kids during the day. The staff I came across were very helpful and tried their very best to fulfil my needs. On the frist night, our room's lighting did not work well. Since it was midnight and I was very sleepy, I did not take the time to inform the hotel. I forgot about this the next morning. When the housekeeping came, she cleaned the room and detected abnormalities in the room lighting. She called the technicans to fix them. Oh..... I did not even mention about the problem and it was fixed! The delux conlonial suite was really huge and very comfortable. Love the view from my balcony and see the top of the Lanna buildings every day / night during my stay. The Chinese resturant were exceptional, friendly staff, delicious dishes... even it was very late at night. The restaurant staff were very caring and attentive, fulfilled my unexpressed needs. It was raining heavily when I entered into the restaurant, I felt cold when I went into the air conditioning area. The staff immediately adjusted the air-con, and delivered a scarf to me. It happened within a few seconds of entering the restaurant. This really exceeded my expectation. Thank you to all the staff I came across in Dhara Dhevi. I will surely come back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
DharaDheviCNX, General Manager at The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Margie W,

We are delighted to read such a wonderful review on your recent experience at Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai and thank you for your valuable time to write this. It was our pleasure to have accommodated you and glad to hear that you were comfortable in our care. We will definitely share your kind compliments with our service team and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you again during your next visit to Chiang Mai.

Andrew Quinlan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We were a family of 5 booked into 2 Colonial Suites for 11 nights. We had a butler called James (who was actually a woman) whom helped us to checkin and showed us the sites of this 64 acre resort, before eventually helping us to settle in and offered advice as well as helping out to ensure our stay was a comfortable one.

The swimming pool was a great place to relax as it was big and quiet, and allowed the kids to splash around on their own as there were always staff at hand watching and catering for our every whim. In fact the whole poolside team were absolutely fantastic and the food served by the team was probably the best overall package.

FOOD is awesome, especially the French restaurant where we dined on 3 occasions. Jane and her team looked after us extraordinarily well at the restaurant.

My only complaint, which was not the fault of the hotel or the staffs, were that mosquitoes! They are pests! As well as some guests who kept stealing our bicycles (lent to us by the fitness centre).

Overall, we really enjoyed ourselves and would highly recommend that any family with young children should at least stay here once in their lives. Thank you.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear GVA8,

I am so pleased to read your review and that we had met all your expectations and most important that you felt so welcomed at Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai. Very pleasing to read your review and I will be sure to forward your feedback to all associates as it allows me the opportunity to show that their efforts are truly appreciated by our guests and myself alike. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to your return again.

Warm regards,

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We Stayed in Dhara Dhevi for 4 nights in July, the best hotel, grounds and service I have encountered. If you go to Chiang mai it's well worth the price. Great bar tenders made real cocktails from scratch, the concierge guys knew the best things on in local area and had done most of them so could speak from experience.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear benforeman83,

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay at Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai. We are delighted you were comfortable in our care and could take advantage of our facilities and activities. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 days, we are now on the way yo the airport and already I'm thinking of going back. Dhara Dhevi is one of those rare places we could stay for weeks, and still discover new places and experiences every day.

The service in Thailand is one of the best I've seen in the world, its imbedded in their culture. With that being said, the service here is at a whole new level. The kindness and caring of the entire staff truly made us feel special.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank NoamHadass
DharaDheviCNX, General Manager at The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear NoamHadass,

We appreciate your time to share your fantastic experience with us. Thank you for choosing Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai to accommodate you for your special celebration and we are glad that your stay was a memorable one. We too hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to beautiful Chiang Mai and to our resort again soon.

Tainan
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel is very famous around the world, I am so glad that I can stay in this hotel !
All the things are very wonderful, including the breakfast and the staffs in the hotel !
Although it wasn't a group of Mandarin Oriental anymore, but I think it still have the qualify that the mandarin Oriental offered !

I really recommend this hotel when you travel in Chiangmai, it will bring you a tremendous memory. I hope I can stay in Dhara Dhevi Hotel in Chiangmai in the near future !

Room Tip: Colonial suite is very large and the bathroom is really comfortable ,
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 文學鉅子
Dear 文學鉅子,

We are delighted to read such a wonderful review on your recent experience at Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai and thank you for your valuable time to write this. It was our pleasure to have accommodated you and glad to hear that you had a great time in Chiang Mai. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our resort again soon.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Beautiful villas and best in class customer service. We were upgraded to villa 88 and it was an absolute delight, with private outdoor jacuzzi on the first floor and a private pool and barbecue deck. The staff could not have been more obliging, even when my three year old vomited in the bed at 3am and we had to call housekeeping to help tidy up the awful mess. The kids activities are fantastic, very well thought out. We tried rice picking and buffalo riding. Bikes can be hired free of charge and there was no greater pleasure than cycling around the picturesque resort. The spa was well worth visiting just for the view I had during my manicure. Go there!

Room Tip: Villa 88 is magnificent.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MlMcDermott
Dear MlMcDermott,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I am pleased to read that you had a great stay and enjoyed all aspects of our resort. Your great comments will be shared with our team.

Thank you once again for your compliments and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you again to Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai soon.

Warm Regards,

Bangkok
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is probably one of the most luxurious hotel I have ever been to. The hotel grounds and architect were just amazing, even-though, it can be a little overwhelming at times. The room is spacious not to mention the bathroom which is probably bigger than most hotel deluxe rooms. This is a perfect hotel with children as there are plenty of walking space, garden and activities which hosted by the hotel. Breakfast was very good with plenty to choose from. The only negative thing about the hotel is the price, it is expensive. However, the staff and service does best to justify the price. Just a shame that I can not visit this hotel that often as I will probably go broke.

Room Tip: Colonial Suite is sufficient
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank tonycookery
DharaDheviCNX, General Manager at The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear tonycookery,

We are delighted to read such a wonderful review on your recent experience at Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai and thank you for your valuable time to write this. It was our pleasure to have accommodated you and your family. We are glad to hear that you all had a great time and could take advantage of our facilities and activities. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to our resort again soon.