“It's a really good and beautiful hotel.”

The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai
Ranked #2 of 380 Hotels in Chiang Mai
China
“It's a really good and beautiful hotel.”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We have 8 people to booked into 3 colonial suites for 3 nights.The attitude of the staffs in there are very kind and friendly and I think it's the most beautiful in Chiangmai.I hope I can live there again in one day of future,I love this hotel so much!

Room Tip: Every suites in there are beautiful!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Melody Z
DharaDheviCNX, General Manager at The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Melody Z,

I am delighted that you had such a wonderful stay and the team here took good care of you and your family with our warm and friendly service. Thank you for your post and for choosing to stay at Dharra Dhevi Chiang Mai and I look forward to welcoming you and your loved one again the next time your travel plans bring you back to Chiang Mai.

Andrew Quinlan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed for only 1 night at the Dhara Dhevi wishing we could just move there and live there forever. This was a dream hotel, the best property I ever experience in my lifetime. Since I made the booking directly with them, their reservation team was so kind to reply the same day my questions. When we arrived the receptionist Echo took such good care of us, explaining everything with such detail and always with a perfect smile. The same goes for the rest of the team at the property. We were able to ride the hotel bikes across their great gardens and no matter where you look there is beauty everywhere! we were in Villa 26 which it was incredible big and comfortable. No words to describe the hotel except that you need to experience it by yourself. It is worth every single penny. Breakfast was very nice as well, the rest of the restaurants, the spa, etc. All spectacular! We are already counting the days to go back! Thank you Dhara Dhevi team!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Dario M,

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay at Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai. We are delighted you were comfortable in our care and could take advantage of our facilities and activities. Your kind compliments will be shared to all our colleagues and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This resort is almost unreal, it is a fairytale. We just had the time to unfortunately only spending one night there over the weekend, but we will for sure go back anytime soon. One of our best resort experiences ever, this is a world class resort and unique in any way. The staff is wonderful, everybody speaks fluent English, all of them did great us by name. The service and quality is superb and from the moment on we checked in we where so well taken care of by the staff. We could ask any associate in this resort, they are where informed about their property and always able to answer, to the extend that they anticipated our needs. The quality and comfort of the deluxe villa we got upgraded to was exceptional. For us this hotel is what you call a true 5***** luxury property. We sensed that this resort must be under a great management as they did everything right and the associated we spoke to where so proud of the hotel and the team they build and we as their guests could feel and experience this with you. We like to thank the entire team for such a wonderful and memorable experience.

Room Tip: We stayed at the Deluxe Villa 26 and felt this is what dreams are made of. The view over the rice pa...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 0108
DharaDheviCNX, General Manager at The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear 0108,

I am delighted that you had such a wonderful stay and the team here took good care of you with warm and friendly service. Thank you for your post and for choosing to stay at Dharra Dhevi Chiang Mai and I look forward to welcoming you again the next time your travel plans bring you back to Chiang Mai.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

It was an amazing experience to stay in Dhara Dhevi. Fristly I love the Lanna building there. Secondly it had a lot of activties for you and the kids during the day. The staff I came across were very helpful and tried their very best to fulfil my needs. On the frist night, our room's lighting did not work well. Since it was midnight and I was very sleepy, I did not take the time to inform the hotel. I forgot about this the next morning. When the housekeeping came, she cleaned the room and detected abnormalities in the room lighting. She called the technicans to fix them. Oh..... I did not even mention about the problem and it was fixed! The delux conlonial suite was really huge and very comfortable. Love the view from my balcony and see the top of the Lanna buildings every day / night during my stay. The Chinese resturant were exceptional, friendly staff, delicious dishes... even it was very late at night. The restaurant staff were very caring and attentive, fulfilled my unexpressed needs. It was raining heavily when I entered into the restaurant, I felt cold when I went into the air conditioning area. The staff immediately adjusted the air-con, and delivered a scarf to me. It happened within a few seconds of entering the restaurant. This really exceeded my expectation. Thank you to all the staff I came across in Dhara Dhevi. I will surely come back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Margie W,

We are delighted to read such a wonderful review on your recent experience at Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai and thank you for your valuable time to write this. It was our pleasure to have accommodated you and glad to hear that you were comfortable in our care. We will definitely share your kind compliments with our service team and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you again during your next visit to Chiang Mai.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We were a family of 5 booked into 2 Colonial Suites for 11 nights. We had a butler called James (who was actually a woman) whom helped us to checkin and showed us the sites of this 64 acre resort, before eventually helping us to settle in and offered advice as well as helping out to ensure our stay was a comfortable one.

The swimming pool was a great place to relax as it was big and quiet, and allowed the kids to splash around on their own as there were always staff at hand watching and catering for our every whim. In fact the whole poolside team were absolutely fantastic and the food served by the team was probably the best overall package.

FOOD is awesome, especially the French restaurant where we dined on 3 occasions. Jane and her team looked after us extraordinarily well at the restaurant.

My only complaint, which was not the fault of the hotel or the staffs, were that mosquitoes! They are pests! As well as some guests who kept stealing our bicycles (lent to us by the fitness centre).

Overall, we really enjoyed ourselves and would highly recommend that any family with young children should at least stay here once in their lives. Thank you.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear GVA8,

I am so pleased to read your review and that we had met all your expectations and most important that you felt so welcomed at Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai. Very pleasing to read your review and I will be sure to forward your feedback to all associates as it allows me the opportunity to show that their efforts are truly appreciated by our guests and myself alike. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to your return again.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We Stayed in Dhara Dhevi for 4 nights in July, the best hotel, grounds and service I have encountered. If you go to Chiang mai it's well worth the price. Great bar tenders made real cocktails from scratch, the concierge guys knew the best things on in local area and had done most of them so could speak from experience.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear benforeman83,

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay at Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai. We are delighted you were comfortable in our care and could take advantage of our facilities and activities. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 days, we are now on the way yo the airport and already I'm thinking of going back. Dhara Dhevi is one of those rare places we could stay for weeks, and still discover new places and experiences every day.

The service in Thailand is one of the best I've seen in the world, its imbedded in their culture. With that being said, the service here is at a whole new level. The kindness and caring of the entire staff truly made us feel special.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank NoamHadass
DharaDheviCNX, General Manager at The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear NoamHadass,

We appreciate your time to share your fantastic experience with us. Thank you for choosing Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai to accommodate you for your special celebration and we are glad that your stay was a memorable one. We too hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to beautiful Chiang Mai and to our resort again soon.