Rachamankha
Le Meridien Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
US$141
LeMeridien.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$898
US$857
Agoda.com
De Lanna Hotel, Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
US$80
US$175
US$46
US$45
Agoda.com
Eurasia Chiang Mai Hotel(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$37
US$29
US$178
US$170
US$45
Rainforest Boutique(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$33
1,171 results
All reviewsold citybeautiful hotelantique furnitureoasis spalanna stylebedroom suitewat phrabustling citypool area isbeautiful poolour honeymoonrooms are comfortabletuk tukhotel restauranttucked awaycommon areassmall hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stayed at The Rachamankha Hotel for 6 nights, not only for a holiday but my son was married there too! Paul the manager and his team could not have worked harder or more deligently. They were all so professional and always cheerful. Nothing was too much trouble.
The hotel is unique with its sourced Thai antiques, stunning artwork and peaceful beautiful architecture. I swam in the pool every morning before breakfast and admired the perfectly manicured surrounding gardens. The hotel feels cherished and loved not only by those who work there but us simple folk who visit it. The menus were exciting and the food always delicious. I had a lump in my throat when I sadly had to leave but I didn't cry. I am saving HARD to return again! Teresa

Room Tip: The hotel was designed and built by an architect and designer who are the owners I believe. My best tip is get there as soon as possible and stay as long as you can. It delivers in every which way.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Teresasawyer
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I spent 3 nights here recently for a family wedding which was held in the hotel grounds and the whole experience was fantastic. From the moment my fiancé and I arrived the hotel manager, Paul looked after us and made us feel at home. The first thing I noticed was, although it’s located close to the centre, it was so quiet - as if we were in the middle of the countryside. The Lanna style of the hotel gives a serene vibe and the owners personal, ancient collection of antiques adds a real uniqueness, unlike stale 5* chain hotels. The pool area is chilled out and there is the option of both shade and sun. The library has a huge collection of amazing books of a selection of languages. The breakfast (and dinner) tables are set up in the courtyard restaurant (with tables indoors as well) and they serve a good range of food to set you up for the day. The evening food was also really tasty, as well as room service (which includes western food if you fancy a burger and chips, which I did the day after the wedding!) Finally, all the staff were extremely attentive and helpful and really made us feel at home. I can’t thank Paul enough for making our family wedding trip so fantastic!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I recently got married in this special hotel and would not hesitate to recommend it to anybody visiting Chiang Mai. It is in a great location in the old city, the hotel itself is a fantastic Lanna (northern Thailand) style boutique building which is exsquisitely maintained and full of beautiful antiques from Lanna culture and lots of Chinese pieces too. The best thing about this hotel is however not the great food, the stunning grounds and hotel, nor the comfortable stylish rooms; but the staff. Lead by the manager Paul, the hotel has assembled a team of great staff who often go above and beyond to ensure your stay is perfect.

My new wife and I had our wedding here in February and it was the perfect day. This was because of all the hard work and attention to detail that Paul (the manager), and all of his staff, put into the event. He helped tailor a wedding to our needs and guided us through the whole process and made it as easy as it could be for us. He oversaw the whole day and ensured it all went like clockwork: we literally could not have asked for more. We even saw the hotel owner (who lives next to the hotel) helping carry and arranging furniture - how is that for all hands on deck?

To conclude: if you are thinking of staying here, do, it is an oasis in the centre of the awesome city of Chiang Mai. If you are thinking of getting married in Chiang Mai, do it here, it was the perfect wedding day for us and actually very good value for money!

We will be back!

1  Thank Baldtrev

We LOVED our stay at the Rachamankha hotel. Below is a quick rundown:

-- The hotel is in an amazing location within the city walls. It's in walking distance of all of the 'must see' points of interest in the city and lots of delicious restaurants. We visited the Night Market one evening and saw a bunch of the more corporate hotels in this area and thanked our lucky stars that we were NOT staying in this part of town-- crowded, noisy and dirty. Instead, the Rachamankha is like an oasis-- super peaceful and beautiful.

-- The hotel is beautiful-- the architecture is really impressive. The whole place has a super calming effect. It looks exactly like it does in the photos. The pool is beyond perfect to take a nice cooling dip. Rooms are great-- we stayed in a Deluxe room, so it was a bit larger. Only downside was the shower wasn't THAT nice, it was just ok. Also, it's more of a boutique hotel, which is nice.

-- Breakfast was included and it was delicious. We loved the coffee service that was brought to the table and the buffet and menu was a perfect way to start the day.

-- The staff was wonderful- very attentive and helpful. The staff was always attending to the property- trimming the trees, sweeping, dusting, etc.

We would 100% return to stay at Rachamankha and would HIGHLY recommend staying here!

1  Thank Ava A
Reviewed 2 March 2014

There are three reasons this hotel is fantastic. 1. Great location in the city walls within walking distance to all the main attractions within the city. 2. Beautiful architecture giving a nod towards the heritage of the hotel 3. Gorgeous communal areas including great pool and dining.

Guests should be aware however that the air con is a little noisy and with classical design of the hotel comes a slightly more simple feel on bathroom specification than might be experienced a big corporate hotel.