“Beautiful grounds, tranquil atmosphere, unique hotel”
Review of Rachamankha

Rachamankha
Ranked #8 of 393 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Rachamankha for a family wedding, who's reviews i'm sure you will read below. Regardless of the amazing wedding, which was held in the hotel grounds and planned to perfection by the Hotel manager Paul creating an unforgettable day, I have to say the hotel itself is faultless. As soon as you reach the entrance you instantly escape the surrounding hustle and bustle of Chiang Mai Old City and you enter a tranquil little world within the Rachankha walls. I don't quite know they manage to create such a peaceful atmosphere within walking distance of the City, it must be Feng Shui, but this property is the most peaceful place I stayed at in Thailand. Highly recommended for anyone looking for some quality R & R after a day exploring Chiang Mai and it's many activities. The front desk were helpful, the restaurant and bar staff were on point, the housekeepers were attentive and the grounds were immaculately kept by the staff - the swimming pool was picture perfect (not an easy job after watching the tireless efforts of the staff picking up falling leaves!) The room itself was beatifully furnished, very comfortable and well facilitated. This hotel has an incredible feel to it. Like I said... faultless. Hats off to Paul and his staff!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed at the Rachamanka for 4 nights in february 2014.I have to say that the hotel is well situated in the old town (inside the old walls), that the whole architectural unity is simply gorgeous.
All the parts of the hotel are simply beautiful, the pool, the library, the outdoor sitting area, the dinner area, so much beauty for the eyes and so calm.....
The service is good and amiable.
On the other hand there are certain flaws that must be stated. We had a room (number 15) that was on the ground floor with absolutely no view thus creating a sense of claustrohobia and that smelled of damp when we fisrt came in.
The bathroom was not very clean as it should be in such a hotel and is rather old.
The breakfast in our opinion was poor when considering the price of the room. A buffet with the same things everyday, salad, yogurts,fruits, that where not even refrigerated and that were put directcly in contact with the sun.
You had to pay extra to have eggs!!! Absolutely not acceptable!
In our opinion the value for money is not good in Rachamanka although this hotel has a lot of potential and charm.....

Room Tip: Do not chose ground floor rooms.
1  Thank VASILIKI G
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed at the Rachamankha for three nights. It's not in the main activity area of Chiang Mai but an easy 10-15 minute walk gets you where you need to go - or a very short tuk-tuk ride. The pool was big enough to swim some laps as a way to unwind after a long day of walking around the town.

The hotel restaurant is ok, their khao soi was the best I had in Thailand. The concierge was not so good at booking stuff last minute, but we found alternatives on our own.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This is an elegant, traditionally styled hotel in the heart of Chiang Mai's old city centre. We recently spent four nights here for my son's wedding and cannot fault the experience, either as a place to stay or for the hotel's arrangements on the day of the wedding. Thanks to Manager Paul and his staff who made the whole trip trip very special.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stayed at The Rachamankha Hotel for 6 nights, not only for a holiday but my son was married there too! Paul the manager and his team could not have worked harder or more deligently. They were all so professional and always cheerful. Nothing was too much trouble.
The hotel is unique with its sourced Thai antiques, stunning artwork and peaceful beautiful architecture. I swam in the pool every morning before breakfast and admired the perfectly manicured surrounding gardens. The hotel feels cherished and loved not only by those who work there but us simple folk who visit it. The menus were exciting and the food always delicious. I had a lump in my throat when I sadly had to leave but I didn't cry. I am saving HARD to return again! Teresa

Room Tip: The hotel was designed and built by an architect and designer who are the owners I believe. My best...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Teresasawyer
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I spent 3 nights here recently for a family wedding which was held in the hotel grounds and the whole experience was fantastic. From the moment my fiancé and I arrived the hotel manager, Paul looked after us and made us feel at home. The first thing I noticed was, although it’s located close to the centre, it was so quiet - as if we were in the middle of the countryside. The Lanna style of the hotel gives a serene vibe and the owners personal, ancient collection of antiques adds a real uniqueness, unlike stale 5* chain hotels. The pool area is chilled out and there is the option of both shade and sun. The library has a huge collection of amazing books of a selection of languages. The breakfast (and dinner) tables are set up in the courtyard restaurant (with tables indoors as well) and they serve a good range of food to set you up for the day. The evening food was also really tasty, as well as room service (which includes western food if you fancy a burger and chips, which I did the day after the wedding!) Finally, all the staff were extremely attentive and helpful and really made us feel at home. I can’t thank Paul enough for making our family wedding trip so fantastic!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I recently got married in this special hotel and would not hesitate to recommend it to anybody visiting Chiang Mai. It is in a great location in the old city, the hotel itself is a fantastic Lanna (northern Thailand) style boutique building which is exsquisitely maintained and full of beautiful antiques from Lanna culture and lots of Chinese pieces too. The best thing about this hotel is however not the great food, the stunning grounds and hotel, nor the comfortable stylish rooms; but the staff. Lead by the manager Paul, the hotel has assembled a team of great staff who often go above and beyond to ensure your stay is perfect.

My new wife and I had our wedding here in February and it was the perfect day. This was because of all the hard work and attention to detail that Paul (the manager), and all of his staff, put into the event. He helped tailor a wedding to our needs and guided us through the whole process and made it as easy as it could be for us. He oversaw the whole day and ensured it all went like clockwork: we literally could not have asked for more. We even saw the hotel owner (who lives next to the hotel) helping carry and arranging furniture - how is that for all hands on deck?

To conclude: if you are thinking of staying here, do, it is an oasis in the centre of the awesome city of Chiang Mai. If you are thinking of getting married in Chiang Mai, do it here, it was the perfect wedding day for us and actually very good value for money!

We will be back!