“Best place to relax!”
Review of Swiss-Lanna Lodge

Swiss-Lanna Lodge
Ranked #11 of 801 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

We've been to Chiang Mai for 5 days and really enjoyed the Swiss Lanna Lodge. The staff was so friendly and helpful with advices for tours and places to see. The breakfast was just amazing, the room and the whole hotel absolutely clean. We definitely come back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julsense

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 4 nights and really enjoyed it. We got the triple room with a bunk bed. Our daughter loved it. It is really nice, well kept and very clean. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms do not include breakfast, but that you can order fresh every morning at a reasonable price.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

It was the perfect place to stay in Chiang Mai and so far the best accomodation in Thailand. Spotless clean, perfect service, yummy food, nice decoration, relaxed atmosphere. Iwould go back every time. Toto, the owner really knows how to run this great place.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nicole g
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Swiss Lanna Lodge is a fantastic base for all your travels in Chiang Mai.

Main advantages:

1. Fantastically clean rooms with high quality bedding and very cool at night. The rooms are tastefully decorated and the bathrooms are all brand new with great shower and are extremely clean.

2. Authentic lodge, the wooden structure is a beautiful building and there is ample space to relax.

3. WiFi is good and the breakfast area in the morning is a great place to relax. The breakfasts are amazing, they make their own yoghurt and the fresh fruits, yoghurt and muesli is amazing. I also had delicious croque monsieur and croissant. All very reasonably priced.

4. The staff. This is the main benefit. Toto and her team go above and beyond to help you. They are the real difference. Nothing is too much trouble and they will happily arrange Tuk Tuks, tours and the like for you. They are also genuinely friendly and are happy to have a chat and get to know you and help you get to know the beautiful City.

The location is a bit of town, but the lodge has moto and bicycles for cheap hire. V easy.

We would definitely stay here again and we were sad to leave.

Room Tip: We had a "basic" room but we thought it was fantastic, this is not a place where you reall...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank johndp86
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I love the traditional, wood structure of this place. It's simply beautiful and it is kept very nice and clean. When I walked in,I was greeted with such a genuine smile and a cool drink (I was sweating so much). The people are so friendly and will do their best to help you.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank arafroe
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I can't really say enough good things about Swiss Lanna Lodge. It was lovely staying in a traditional Lanna home, and I could really see the attention to detail taken in both the furnishings and the service. We felt very welcome and at home during our stay here. I would definitely recommend it to anyone staying in Chiang Mai.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jessica D
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Swiss Lanna Lodge is simply the best place I had the pleasure to stay. Ever. I’ve traveled all around the world, tried five stars hotels and comfy guesthouses, I’ve tasted the famed hospitality of a japanese Riokan but I never felt so welcome and at home as I felt here.

Toto, in her impeccable english, give me all the right suggestions to take the most out of my trip and even booked activities for me. I will go as far as saying that staying here is a good enough reason to come to Chiang Mai.

Thank you for everything. I look forward to the day I will come back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo