Anantara Chiang Mai Resort
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Green Lodge(Chiang Mai)
2,605 results
All reviewsclub suitekasara suitebritish consulateriver view suitefree laundrynight marketday bedprivate loungeping rivercold towelsbeautiful hotelour honeymoonmain restaurantlarge balconycoffee machinefour seasonsmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Ahh the Chedi. When I was looking into high end accomodation in Chiang Mai for my parents 40 wedding anniversary, the Chedi popped out quite a few times in the reviews I read. For some reasons we couldn’t find one hotel for 7 nights in a row so we had to split our stay in 2 parts. 4 nights at the Shangri la and 3 nights at the Chedi. Good opportunity to visit 2 styles of high end establishments. For the shangri La check my other reviews. So here we are after 4 nights at the SL we arrive at the Chedi (both are quite close to each other). Very impressive front, you can feel class as soon as you step out of the taxi. Everything is designer style. Which style I don’t know exactly .. I am not an expert, but I would say minimalist, elegant.. Anyway whatever you call it it did the trick and I was impressed. Later I learned that part of the hotel was the former british consulate. By the way they have a great old style british bar. As I said I am not an expert in decoration but would I be one I could write 2 pages about it. the buildings, the gardens, restaurants, lobby ... all very nice.

When we arrived our room was not ready and we had to wait 30 min so took the opportunity to visit the hotel. I forgot to mention it but the hotel faces the river so the view is also not bad. Of course it also means swarms of mosquitos but wether you stay at the pool or go to the restaurant , the staff will always provide some repellent. To tell the truth mosquitos were not the biggest issue about being next to the river. There was another very unexpected one: frogs... Was it mating season , I don’t know but every morning at 4am symphony of frogs started ( ride of the valkyries style ) and went on for 2 hours non stop. Honestly really loud. First night I was surprised but I thought it was one time thing, second night it happened again and as I knew I was good for it the next night I went to reception and asked for ear plugs. As they had a huge box of those, I guess I must not have been the only one to ask for it Smile

When the room was finally ready some staff took us there and explained us about all the utilities. Once again impressed. Very well decorated room. dark wood floor and furnitures. great bed. nice coffee machine (nespresso ) using caps. No Nescafe. every accessories looks like it is handcrafted. Especially in the bathroom. Small pots for the shampoo and soap, nice baskets. The hair dryer according to my mother was top notch (she knows.. Smile ). Last touch the room key, nicely crafted copper key ring that you’d better not loose cause they’ll charge you 2000 bath for it. And this is where I start with the cons part.. Do I really need such a nice room key that I need to leave a the front desk each time just because I am worried of loosing it. Do I need such nice pots to put shampoo and soap in that when I take my shower I need to think carefully about how to proceed in order to avoid that the lid drops from the shelf while I pour some product in my hand (each time time 3 times the qty I actually need because it is not practical). You may not really get my meaning until you are actually there using the shower .. I don’t want to be picky here, I just think that I am ok for nice design and stuff as long as it is easy to use..

We were travelling with our daughter 2yo. The hotel is not really kid friendly. no kid room..The pool is designed for adult who wants to be quiet, read their book and once in a while take a swim. As the pool is long and narrow , you are always close to the guests so don’t think about playing with the kids and making noise and splashes.. not the right place..

Well I guess this is enough, I don’t want the readers, if any, to fall asleep.

To summarize: really nice and classy hotel. a few small issues which I only mention because of the high standard you are expecting in this kind of hotel

Room Tip: not close to the river
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank yac o
Andy K, General Manager at Anantara Chiang Mai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Dear yac o,

Thank you very much for choosing The Chedi Chiang Mai for celebrating your parents 40th anniversary.We appreciate and thank you for your detailed feedback about your stay, both pros and cons are very valuable and we will certainly review them with our team.

We look forward to see you again in the Land of Smiles.

Kindest regards to all your family.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

From the second you arrive and walk in to the open area you'd normally refer to as a lobby, you know you are somewhere special. Simple peaceful elegance at every turn greets you w amazing Asian Hospitality. The professionalism of the staff getting us checked in and the situated in our wonderful room was sublime.
The room was a peaceful retreat from the sensory explosion that happens outside the property of the hotel. Thailand, for me, is about contrasts. The sights, smells and sounds are from one extreme to another. The Chedi is a place to recollect your experiences and a place to entice your mind to go out in to the surroundings and do it all over again. Smashing experience.
The breakfast at The Chedi was a great way to start the day, we loved the Asian/local foods that we don't see back home. We will miss the Noodles and soups the congee and more to start the day.
Again, the stay was outstanding and we will return to Chiang Mai and the Chedi just not soon enough!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sleeeepguy973,

Vacations never come soon enough and seem to always pass by too fast... Thank you for sharing your smashing experience at The Chedi Chiang Mai. We are looking forward to welcome you back soon for another outstanding stay in the Rose of the North.

Until then... best regards,

Reviewed 17 May 2013

This hotel is perfect! Every detail, from the lobby to the room, is elegant and beautiful. The staff is gentle and helpful as it should be, like a high quality 5 stars hotel. The room is the most beautiful and well designed that i have stayed in my life until now. Its location, design, staff, quality, is perfect. It is the hotel that others hotels want to be.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank eduardo602
Andy K, General Manager at Anantara Chiang Mai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Dear eduardo602,

We are relentlessly chasing perfection and it makes us very proud when along the way our guests recognize The Chedi Chiang Mai for its excellence. Thank you for your kind comments which I shall share with the team.

Looking forward to your return.

With best regards,

Reviewed 15 May 2013

We've stayed in Chedi for two nights in late April. Upon arrived in hotel, the hotel representative offered the upgrade deal from standard room to suit. Originally, we booked the standard room since we will be spending most of time outside for tour. But after seeing the suit, we've decided to upgrade even though we'll only be using limited amount of time in room. The suit is spacious and well designed and you could enjoy the evening cocktail and breakfast in private lounge.

The Chedi is no though the best hotel with excellent location in Chiang Mai. The hotel staffs were all excellent and well trained, except one small incident that we've encountered during the breakfast on the checked-out morning. The breakfast in lounge was excellent with great selections of food to choose from and even the Prosecco sparkling wine was also available to enjoy with the breakfast. One male staff we have encountered was so attentive in first morning, he rushed to offer to open the cork of Prosecco since it could be risky for customer to do it for themselves. The evening cocktail on the other hand was on the weaker side compare to other hotel's club lounge. We were served with one small plate of appetizers and no other items are available except asking for another plate of same appetizers. The cocktails and wines selections were quite extensive, but one hour for cocktail hour is much shorter compare industry's average of two hours for club lounge.

When we had the breakfast on the checked-out morning, we've encountered a lady staff in lounge who was not very professional. She didn't offer the greeting like other great staffs and was rushed to assign the table to us. When I asked for the coffee, she didn't even bring any milk/cream until I asked her later. The same impatient attitude was also during taking the breakfast order. When I went to the counter to pour a glass of Prosecco, another male staff just stand there and watched me to open the cork without even offering the assistance. We honestly felt that we've stayed in two very different hotels from day one to day two. It is disappointed to see such a great hotel didn't assign the properly trained staffs for the club lounge since this is cater for the premier customers. However, I must also point out these two staffs were the only two that we have encountered unprofessionally. The rest of staffs were all excellent so it's unfair to let down their great service because of two persons.

We'll love to stay in Chedi again when we come back to Chiang Mai in the future. This is still one of the most beautiful and wonderful hotels to stay in the world.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Andy K, General Manager at Anantara Chiang Mai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We value all the feedback we receive as it allows us to further improve our services. I appreciate that you highlighted the staff and service issue you encountered in our Club Lounge and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Rest assured that we will rectify this immediately to ensure all our guest always have an excellent experience.

With warm regards,

The Chedi Chiang Mai

Reviewed 15 May 2013

My husband and i stayed there 4 nights in our honey moon, we chosed it because its in the middle of the city, we had other isolated destinations
So Outside u Experience All The Huzz And Buzz Of The City And The Moment U Step Into The Hotel, U Will feel Sooo Welcomed, Relaxed And Isolated, we were amazed by its atmosphere
the service is perfect, the rooms was luxurious, the food was very good. we tried one dinner there other than the breakfasts, and the more amazing than the dinner itself was the atmosphere, with a piano being played beside our table, it was soooo romantic ,, we deffenitly want to go back someday, it worth the money we payed

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Duaa S,

How kind of you to consider The Chedi Chiang Mai the best hotel you ever stayed in. We are delighted that we were able to make your honeymoon so much more memorable and look forward to welcome you back maybe for your anniversary...

Regards from The Land of Smiles.