“Top of the Range used to be the Chedi”

Anantara Chiang Mai Resort
Ranked #10 of 375 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Top of the Range used to be the Chedi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

My Son stayed here last year when it was called The Chedi, and recommended this hotel to me.
I must say that I found this hotel to be the best run hotel that I have ever stayed in. Every conceivable way to make your stay as enjoyable as it could possibly be is the intention of the devoted staff who all call you by your name from the moment you sign in. We were upgraded as it was an anniversary and the room and it's service provision second to none. Your every move and wish is anticipated by staff. The room is set up in two different ways for day and night, even the T/V is turned around so you can watch it in bed! The food is also an important part of the stay and you are even waited on by attentive chefs. Could only make two tiny criticisms! One water not very hot in taps and Two the toaster at breakfast was not very efficient. But exceptional hotel. Do go and stay, you will not regret it!

Room Tip: 405 was superb with river views two day beds balcony wifi dressing gowns coffee.machine slippers eve...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_AnantaraChiangMai, General Manager at Anantara Chiang Mai Resort, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Johng59

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. It sounds like you had wonderful stay while here at Anantara Chiang Mai.

Needless to say we always love to make such a positive impression. However please accept my apologize to any inconvenience you had caused, I will certainly discuss your recommendations with the team as we are indeed currently reviewing all areas to see where we can lift to even higher levels.

We truly appreciate the time you’ve taken to share your views about our luxurious riverside retreat. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future and to making your stay even more amazing in any way we can. Thank you again from your Anantara family in Chiang Mai!

Syahreza Ishwara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have been to many hotels and resorts in Thailand. This resort is one of the best in all... The reasons are good location in the city and just by the Ping river, the property is good and well maintained (except a bit difficult to close the curtain in the room) and the housekeeping is the one I love most for this, it is one of superb. Everything is perfect provide a new towels, new bathrobe and ice ready during the day and night. A used cup or glass are wash clean all the time. The tiny details in the room that I love about this place. Also, the foods are yummy and I love the breakfast.

My trip is to relax during the long weekend to recharge battery and I did... I would love to go back there again, if I go to Chiang mai.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MeiMeiMee
Dear MeiMeiMee

Thank you for your wonderful review about your recent experience at Anantara Chiang Mai.

It is a pleasure to hear about your amazing story with us at Anantara Chiang Mai Resort & Spa. Such positive feedback is extremely valuable to us, since it encourages our loyal associates to deliver the very best experiences from the start to finish of each guest’s stay. Inspiration is a key hallmark of the Anantara brand, and we love to hear the things we are doing exceptionally well, so that we can build on the experiences we offer and make them even more amazing. It’s also crucial to know what matters to our guests the most, and we truly appreciate the time you’ve taken to share your views about our luxurious riverside retreat.

Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

The architecture, the design, the swimmingpool, the spa, the restaurant, the bedrooms, the service, the location in Chiang Mai. Nothing wrong. Everything was just perfect. We are really looking forward to coming back soon.
Congratulations!!!

Stayed July 2014
Dear boyste

Thank you for your beautiful review of your recent stay at Anantara Chiang Mai.

It is a pleasure to hear about your amazing story with us. Such positive feedback is extremely valuable to us, since it encourages our loyal associates to deliver the very best experiences from the start to finish of each guest’s stay. Inspiration is a key hallmark of the Anantara brand, and we love to hear the things we are doing exceptionally well, so that we can build on the experiences we offer and make them even more amazing. It’s also crucial to know what matters to our guests the most, and we truly appreciate the time you’ve taken to share your views about our luxurious riverside retreat.

United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I visited on 18 July and had the 10am guaranteed check in offered on the hotel website . The hotel arranged collection at the airport and knew my arrival time , but the room was still not ready at 12 . While the staff were v polite , essentially they told me I'd have to wait . It was only when I made a fuss and insisted on seeing a Manager that I was then given an upgrade , but then again , only after insisting . In other respects the experience was fine and the staff are charming , but I agree with other reviewers that the rooms and public spaces are dark

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank GXWLondon
GM_AnantaraChiangMai, General Manager at Anantara Chiang Mai Resort, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear GXWLondon

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback of your recent experience at Anantara Chiang Mai.

As a proud member of the Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas family, all of our associates are trained to the highest international standards and we constantly strive for customer service excellence and 100% guest satisfaction.

However please accept my apologize to any inconvenience you had caused. I will certainly discuss your feedback with the team as we are indeed currently reviewing all areas to see where we can lift to even higher levels.

Please rest assured that we will investigate your comments and make any changes necessary to improve our service offering, so that guests can look forward to journeys of luxurious discovery, in every aspect of their stay.

Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

From the moment I walked in I was 'wowed'. I also made it a habit to watch new guests from my balcony being wowed when they walked in. Every single one of them started taking pictures from the first minute. The rooms are beautiful, the balcony is perfect, the staff is very friendly, the restaurant has high quality food.
The pool is very big and pretty to look at.
3 minute walking distance to the night market.

Overall just wow

Room Tip: I had room 321. I recommend it as it has a nice view of the pool and hotel garden.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
GM_AnantaraChiangMai, General Manager at Anantara Chiang Mai Resort, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Riwa91

Thank you for your beautiful review of your recent experience at Anantara Chiang Mai.

There is no doubt that the resort is well recognised internationally due to it's stunning architecture as well as it's personalized service. Needless to say, we are incredibly proud of the team here and their capacity to continually impress. I would agree that our location beside the Ping River creates a very relaxed and elegant resort atmosphere while being only steps away from the markets and buzz of the town of Chiang Mai.

Once again thank you for such a positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Anantara Chiang Mai in the near future.

Zedelgem, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I been in the past when it was The Chedi Hotel, the hotel still very nice, beautiful design, it should maybe have some lifting in the room and bathroom but they still very nice. Bit dark as many thai places. lovely restaurant and wonderful spa. Sometimes too expensive. The staff is fantastic ! A bit noisy if you have a room next to the road and they should do something about the door slamming all the time!

Room Tip: better take a river view and not on the side of the road
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tiger2669
GM_AnantaraChiangMai, General Manager at Anantara Chiang Mai Resort, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear tiger2669

Thank you for your constructive feedback of your recent experience at Anantara Chiang Mai.

While we totally respect the past history of this iconic hotel, I can assure you that it is our aim to lift service in key areas and we have received nothing but praise since the transition last year. I must admit that the team is the key to any successful hotel and there is no doubt that the team at Anantara Chiang Mai does their best to ensure guests experience the best that Chiang Mai has to offer. Please rest assure that I will certainly discuss your recommendations with the team as we are indeed currently reviewing all areas to see where we can lift to even higher levels.

Yours sincerly,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Situated in the centre of Chiang Mai, conveniently close to the airport and other "must-sees" of the city. Quiet and peaceful resort.

Incredibly helpful staff. I was very impressed by this!

Thanks for a lovely stay!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Uju51

Thank you for your nice review of your recent experience at Anantara Chiang Mai.

It sounds like you had wonderful stay while here in Chiang Mai. I would agree that our location beside the Ping River is a perfect base from which to explore the best that Chiang Mai has to offer. Needless to say, we are incredibly proud of the team here and their capacity to continually impress.