We'd already read a few reports that the hotel is getting a make-over and that some of the rooms are a little bit dated, and to try to hold out for a refurbished room. To be fair, we did turn down our initial room and changed to a slightly better room, but when you arrive after a very tiring journey, the last thing you want is to mess about changing rooms. The older rooms aren't dirty, things like the carpets and furniture are just worn, although to be fair the bathroom was a lot more modern and looked like it had fairly recently been updated. The rooms are large for a city hotel and you really couldn't ask for a better location with it being right near the start of the night market and just a short walk away from the old city moat. If we had been staying for longer than 3 days, I might have tried changing rooms again, but to be fair we were out for most of the day and night and only really showered and slept in the room. Public areas such as reception etc are very nice and breakfast was good with a really wide choice, although we didn't try the hotel restaurants as we ate out each night. I'd recommend booking a trip to the temple up in the mountain at Doi Suthep or just taking one of the local taxis there (agree price beforehand). In all, whilst we were disappointed with the actual room decor, this hotel really is all about the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoys an enviable location right in the heart of this charming city and just steps from the famous Chiang Mai Night Bazaar, a landmark for any visitor.This impressive high rise hotel offers comfortable accommodation and a host of facilities and services for the Chiang Mai bound visitor,24 Floors with 512 comfortable appointed rooms featuring Superior, Deluxe, Business Plus , Dynasty and Suites accommodations. The hotel’s extensive all day dining venue plays host to sumptuous buffets, themed evening and a extensive a la carte option bringing together the best of Italian , Japanese, International, Thai and Asian Cuisine.Perched atop of the hotel is the Sunflower Chinese Restaurant affording spectacular views of Chiang Mai and some of the best Chinese Cuisine this city has to offer.Italian, Poolside Bar and light meals, Lobby Lounge and bar with evening entertainment and 24 hour in –room dining also feature.Impressive leisure facilities feature a state-of the art gym and Fitness Centre , spacious pool and sun terrace, sauna, massage and Spa Cenvaree.Meet and Unite : This facilities offers a Grand Ballroom for up to 800 guests , 14 break out rooms, Service Centre and out door pavilion for activities, team building, theme parties and celebrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Duangtawan Hotel Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Duangtawan Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Centara Duangtawan